Busted

Jigatollah

While fishing Simcoe today for white fish. Myself and a friend noticed one boat leave and return a few times after catching their limits each. On their 3rd trip back, we watched them catch and keep 8 whitefish . The limit is 2 per person.I approached them with my camera out and took a picture of the poachers. Once they realized what was going on, they pulled up their anchor and sped away. I phoned 1-800-222-tips and gave a report to a officer and I'll have to do a return call tomorrow and email them the picture I took. Hoefully they get what they deserve.

Here's the picture of them in their boat.

100_0982.jpg

HEY THATS ME!!!! Just jiven, lol, to bad you didnt catch em with the fish in the pic. I think that would make the case stronger. I think they call it evidence. lol hey dude just bustin chops. pretty brave good think they were`nt choice or angels, That could have been messy.

You might of discouraged them from bagging more fish but I don't see where much can be done. All they have to do is dispose of the evidence and it's your word against theirs. And who to say they didn't consume their first catch and come back for more. BUT they will think twice before pulling off this caper again.

Hey Jiggy nicely done.

I would say they knew exactly what was going on,just by the look on the anchor mans face.

Im very surprised the MNR wasnt out there as they KNOW,whats going on out there and it,s not like they have to travel for miles to catch these type of guys.

Are you reading this Mr. MNR. :wallbash::wallbash:

Hey Jiggy nicely done.

I would say they knew exactly what was going on,just by the look on the anchor mans face.

Im very surprised the MNR wasnt out there as they KNOW,whats going on out there and it,s not like they have to travel for miles to catch these type of guys.

Are you reading this Mr. MNR. :wallbash::wallbash:

What do you want to bet they can't afford the gas to get their boats out on the water...

Maureen

And who to say they didn't consume their first catch and come back for more.

Uh oh, better check the rules on daily catch and consumption...

What you consume on the day caught counts towards that days catch, so NO you don't go back and forth ten times to feed your extended family. 2 whities per person per day.

Good thoughts doing this, but unless they catch them with the fish doesn`t it become he said she said? Got to believe they stashed them with someone not involved once they became aware of what you were doing? Still maybe it will prevent future crimes.

Jiggy, you have done good! that's the most anyone can do from one boat to another on open water without getting in to a confrontation etc. you have done more then most would have :clapping:

you can't win here tho, if a guy mentions about a poacher here, everyone says "Don't just come here and tell us! why didn't you take pictures and call M.N.R"

well, you just did that! and now some are saying that's not enough, "its your word against their" "its not enough evidence" :blahblah1:

give me a break :rolleyes:

I applaud your efforts an hope you were careful, given that there are some crazies out there. Whether or not this was successful in a court of law, I believe that this would help a whole lot in making these two fellows "think" about their actions and possible consequences. Hopefully a few people that know them observed your post and the photo. Sadly, I bet they are in a defendable position.....I hope I am wrong.

outdoorguy61

Nanuk

I don't see where ANYONE said Jigatollah didn't do enough INCLUDING myself. What I did say it's their word against yours and WITHOUT evidence nothing can come of it. HOWEVER, I applaud him for his efforts.

You shouldn't put words in some else's mouth. I know I don't like it and many others don't either.

Poachers are usually not just one-hit wonders. Clearly these guys knew they were breaking the law by their various return trips. Hopefully this triggers a visit from the MNR. Quite often the poachers have other crimes they are trying to hide which can be discovered with a cursory investigation.

You might of discouraged them from bagging more fish but I don't see where much can be done. All they have to do is dispose of the evidence and it's your word against theirs. And who to say they didn't consume their first catch and come back for more. BUT they will think twice before pulling off this caper again.

Billy Bob, I didn't mention anybody's name, neither do I have to put any words in your mouth, its you who typed the above response. NOT ME! :whistling:

please read catch & possesion limits in the reg book(page 3 & 4).

Edited by NANUK

That was an awesome thing you did. :clapping::clapping::clapping: . If nothing else you've at least scared the crap out of these guys. I'm sure it's happening everywhere. It's kind of sad really,that a country as rich in natural resources dedicates so little of it's monetary resources towards it greatest asset.