Gonna be living the dream

Rod Caster

Finally made the move to a slightly bigger house/property. From a 1bdrm condo overlooking North Bay to a 160acres bush lot in unorganized township with a very energy efficient house, with 400 meter frontage on a river chock full of speckled trout!

Very happy right now and a little nervous. Boredom will no longer be an issue for me.

Now I need a chainsaw, ladder, tools, riding lawn mower, snow blower etc etc etc etc etc etc

woo hoo!

absolutely! Can't wait to see how good/bad the fishing really is! First things first though...need to cute TONS of wood!

Anyone looking for private access to hunting land with crown land abutting, give me msg, we can maybe make arrangments. Trail cams say there are LOTS of deer, bear and moose.

Sounds Great Chad! But I've seen you cast and would worry about how you'd wield a chainsaw or other power tools - so I guess you'll just have to invite me up with all mine to prevent you from injuring yourself!

Michael

hahaha...imagine me with a 70cc professional chainsaw... I hope shark-bite-proof chain pants are on sale!

If you ever pass through North Bay...give me a holler!

Hey Chad, I have all of the above mentioned tools. Can I be your best friend? You work with the tools, I'll scout out the river for you!! Good luck at the new property. A word of advice. Chainsaws are a very dangerous tool. Treat them with utmost respect. I cut many a bush lot in my younger days. I suggest you purchase the appropriate safety gear such as loggers boots. loggers chaps, hard hat with ear muffs & face shield, loggers gloves. The rubber boots with the spikes are excellent in winter to grip ice, snow & logs. Be careful you don't twist an ankle. When they dig in they don't move sideways. Good luck

right on Chad - awesome news! how about some pics of the new homestead, just so I am completely envious LOL. And, if the winters stay like they have I may have snow blower for ya - real cheap. 2 years, 1 short appearance.

absolutely! Can't wait to see how good/bad the fishing really is! First things first though...need to cute TONS of wood!

Anyone looking for private access to hunting land with crown land abutting, give me msg, we can maybe make arrangments. Trail cams say there are LOTS of deer, bear and moose.

I am looking for land to hunt and rivers to fish. I have a chainsaw, ladder, and lots of energy. Lets go check out the land when you take possession.

I was thinking about texting you for an update today.

Finally made the move to a slightly bigger house/property. From a 1bdrm condo overlooking North Bay to a 160acres bush lot in unorganized township with a very energy efficient house, with 400 meter frontage on a river chock full of speckled trout!

Very happy right now and a little nervous. Boredom will no longer be an issue for me.

Now I need a chainsaw, ladder, tools, riding lawn mower, snow blower etc etc etc etc etc etc

woo hoo!

Congrats Chad.

It's always nice to have a lot of free space.

Sounds great. It is a major change in lifestyle that you should quickly get used to. Just be sure to bearproof all the buildings and sheds.

I'll have to get some bearspray for the wife AND show her how to use it. Eventually we'll get a dog as we plan on having chickens/rabbits. I figure that'll be a good bear deterent as well. Thanks!

Hey Chad, I have all of the above mentioned tools. Can I be your best friend? You work with the tools, I'll scout out the river for you!! Good luck at the new property. A word of advice. Chainsaws are a very dangerous tool. Treat them with utmost respect. I cut many a bush lot in my younger days. I suggest you purchase the appropriate safety gear such as loggers boots. loggers chaps, hard hat with ear muffs & face shield, loggers gloves. The rubber boots with the spikes are excellent in winter to grip ice, snow & logs. Be careful you don't twist an ankle. When they dig in they don't move sideways. Good luck

Great advice. I'll be looking to my father for advice for chainsaws and chainsaw safety... I have a bit of experience, but definitly need to make sure I start this properly and safely.

Congrates...i so want to do this too... but having a hard time convincing the other half....ive been crusing the mls for a week now....

I told myself that if this deal didn't go through, I'd be putting a 6month block on the MLS webpage haha. I got lucky and pulled off a private deal on this one! Saved $20,000 over the MLS listed price (I viewed the place a couple days before they listed).

Sounds like the makings of a OFC get together lol, Congrats you will enjoy

Tight Lines SBK :Gonefishing:

Sounds like fun...and free labour hahaha.

right on Chad - awesome news! how about some pics of the new homestead, just so I am completely envious LOL. And, if the winters stay like they have I may have snow blower for ya - real cheap. 2 years, 1 short appearance.

I live in a condo, so I basically own a toaster, hockey equipment, spare truck tires and some fishing gear.... I NEED stuff like that. Let me know if your serious about the blower, I'm interested.

I am looking for land to hunt and rivers to fish. I have a chainsaw, ladder, and lots of energy. Lets go check out the land when you take possession.

I was thinking about texting you for an update today.

Fantastic! I'd love to show you around, take you birding/fishing and maybe do some work with you!