Fish of a lifetime.

Freshtrax

Well for everyone that says you need to spend tons of money to have fun fishing I proved you wrong.

My new boat

IMG_00000136_zps3706b17d.jpg

Hull: 150$

New transom floor and carpet: 150$

Motor, waterpump thermostat : 300$

Rod holders 50$

Stainless hardware 100$

Total cost 750$

Clocked on GPS at 28 mph before it got squirlley with lots of throttle left. Need a prop change to get the bow up a little while on plane.

We hit kempenfelt on on sat. For lakers to no avail. But did a nice tour from line 2 oro into downtown barrie and back to test the boat.

Sunday I took my brother and sister out for perch and had a blast.

IMG_00000129_zpscb19d1d6.jpgIMG_00000134_zps393f7caa.jpg

IMG_00000135_zps5717e20a.jpg

IMG_00000131_zpsbd6333da.jpg

I know it's just a perch but what a tank . The pics don't seem to do it justice it had been in the cooler for 3 hours. I have never caught one this big and probably won't again.

Edited by Freshtrax

That wee lad makes that perch look gargantuan

That gigantic perch makes that little man look small!

I would take the boat over the ford. Haha. Nice perch

hahahahahahaha

Not sure if it's your first boat but trailer bearings are critical if your towing it around. Definatly something to look at and cheap to replace if you DIY. I came close to learning the hard way on my first year of boat ownership. Congrats on the new rig and nice fish.

Not sure if it's your first boat but trailer bearings are critical if your towing it around. Definatly something to look at and cheap to replace if you DIY. I came close to learning the hard way on my first year of boat ownership. Congrats on the new rig and nice fish.

A buddy and I have a running joke that the first sure sign of spring is when you see a vehicle on the side of the highway with a wheel missing off the boat trailer.

Learned my lesson with the snowmobile trailer when I was younger....now I carry a spare trailer tire for all my trailers. The upfront 100 dollars or so is nothing compared to the agrivation of leaving a trailer full of snow machines on the side of the highway while you head 1.5 hours each way to the closest tire shoppe