Sad to see it go...

Live2fish85

Well, it has past and I am sad to see it go. Feels like yesterday I was catching fresh fall chrome. I cant say I was addicted to steelhead fishing until this fall. I had a blast on a trip with Mike last spring which did keep me interested. Then my friend Josh harassed me enough, I gave in and went with him. I picked up my first float combo, a cheap one but good enough to get me hooked.

Well the first fish I hooked on the float was enough to for me to know I was going to like it. Surprisingly I landed it and it was a half decent chrome hen.

261.jpg

Well I ended up hooking into one more that afternoon and it broke me off. That day truly was enough for me to become addicted to float fishing and steelhead.

I fished a ton this season. Over a hundred days on the river easy from fall to spring, my longest streak was like 15 days straight on the river and I loved every moment of it. The coldest day I fished was -22 with the windchill, it sucked but we caught fish and that was worth it. I couldn’t truly count how many I hooked or landed but in my eyes it was good.

On top of the addiction of float fishing, was the gear addiction. After fishing with Mike and him kindly letting me use his higher end gear and try it out. It wasn’t long before I was building my first custom float rod.

I had Chris build me a rod before and I loved it. I wanted to try and build one myself. I asked Chris and I got a lot more then I could have imagined in return. Not only Chris was going to help me but I could build it at his place with his tools and one on one lessons, you could say. I couldn’t thank him enough and still cant.

Well here are some fish from this season.

275.jpg

282.jpg

767_zpsbfa33f4c.jpg

20130119_073320_zps669d6cc7.jpg

20130119_124946_zps212e5a0e.jpg

1073_zpsefa81687.jpg

2e141e50-89c2-4d5c-8ec2-9889b9f9d8ab_zps

1089_zps1c45a201.jpg

NiagaraSteel026_zps07522871.jpg

NiagaraSteel2010_zps3858350d.jpg

1246_zps2fd2c364.jpeg

1185_zpsf4825fd0.jpg

1191_zps2fb13765.jpeg

1189_zps1c0747a8.jpeg

Thanks Mike, Chris and Josh. You guys helped make my season that much better.

Now that the float fishing is done it is time for Lake Ontario trolling until musky opener. A good start to the season on Lake Ontario as well. First fish in the boat was my first Atlantic Salmon.

1440_zps0ed05da5.jpg

Oh I almost forgot. This is my PB steelhead.

Bigbuck2_zps0489ca62.jpg

Hope you enjoy.

Chris

Thanks guys, I appreciate it. It was a blast out there this season. As soon as the crowds finish with Salmon I will be out again all winter.

Chris, lol. I got rid of the glasses about a week after getting them haha. After I dropped my Revo's in the river I needed a pair bad and they were all I could find for the next day haha.

Brian, we wll have to get out this fall.

Been getting more into tribbin' as well. Really liked the fall time spent, and then this springs first efforts. Don't have the custom pole and pin though, so to the elite my experience might just be considered "gay." lol.

Impressive post to say the least Chris. Amazing inaugural year to great steelheading and certainly some perfect time spent on the rivers. All time fishing is time well spent. Solid pics too.