I love free WFN but I can't watch this show

Cudz

JP's new show is the best of them all right now. I mean who else shows products being put to the test till it breaks? IE the crank bait test on the components. He's got good SKILLED people with him like Charles and a few other tourney pro's to lend a hand. I think it's WFN's best show out there right now. Too bad I can't say 100% sure what the name is, LOL! I'm almost sure it's Beyond the Cast but I like it.

Yep, Beyond the Cast. Great show.

gbw, have a look at the winning products, and see if they are jp's sponsors.

you may find a connection between the winning products and his sponsors.

just maybe.

I bet that's true BUT its still better than other shows out there.

I have a soft spot for almost any fishing in BC. The Big Coast is mainly about downrigging with mooching gear but sometimes they go old school with many pulls and heavy sinkers. I much prefer rivers but they they frequently fish Barkley Sound Broken Islands Group part of Pacific Rim NP. I proposed to my wife on a fish/camping trip out on Turret Island. Those Big Coast guys have a wicked little floating cottage in one of the bays. The vistas and wildlife are amazing. I could retire/move there one day.

I have a soft spot for almost any fishing in BC. The Big Coast is mainly about downrigging with mooching gear but sometimes they go old school with many pulls and heavy sinkers. I much prefer rivers but they they frequently fish Barkley Sound Broken Islands Group part of Pacific Rim NP. I proposed to my wife on a fish/camping trip out on Turret Island. Those Big Coast guys have a wicked little floating cottage in one of the bays. The vistas and wildlife are amazing. I could retire/move there one day.

It's a good one but my favorite BC show is Sport Fishing on the Fly.

Awesome lake and river fishing. :good: :good:

http://www.sfotf.ca/

In the military, I was posted to Masset on the Queen Charlotte Islands (now Haida Gwai (?)) Anyway, I was spoiled and like you, loved the river fishing. Sea run coho, kings and steelhead were amazing and the rest of the time, well, you just had to settle for Dolley Vardin and Cut Throat trout, thats when you weren't jigging halibut, red snapper or pulling up dungeness crabs or collecting garbage bags of razor clams on the beach. Four and a half years of being spoiled. Just had to get used to fishing in the rain :)

It's a good one but my favorite BC show is Sport Fishing on the Fly.

Awesome lake and river fishing. :good: :good:

http://www.sfotf.ca/

Wow thanks. I use to watch SFOTF when in Alberta but I don't get the show under my current programming. But it looks like the episodes are on the net. Thanks. Masset - did you watch the story on Russ George dumping iron rich rock into the water. It aired on CBC a few nights ago. 2.5 mil for the promise of fish. Crazy.

I usually PVR Musky Hunter, The Next Bite and Simply Fishing,my favourites to watch-fish with teeth.However I really like the Australian Fishing Championships and cant wait for the repeats to be over.I like the format and the species are different but also much the same ways to target.Go team Tackle Junkie!

Kerry

I get more info from JP DeRosa (sic) than wandering around Gander Mountain for 2 hours. As far as Italo, man he's really the only person in the world I would like to put on the end of a line and troll for a few hours. I know some people that know him personally and apparently he is as irritating in real life as on TV. Only in real life he preaches his ministry to boot, he is a jack of all trades, did you know he is a teaching golf professional as well as someone that sells a different line of boats every year? Another reason Al Linder who used to be my hero has lost a viewer, I don't need a catechism class at the end of every show.

Can't stand the west coast shows. Watching a guy troll for a half hour isn't entertaining for me.

I just realized I haven't watched WFN for months, why exactly am I paying for it?

Anyone out there want to produce a real fishing show? The one where a bunch of guys spend a week together at a camp once a year, make an excuse for not to go fishing, go into town to watch the peelers, get into a fight with the locals, go back to camp, make an excuse not to go fishing, drink some more, play euchre and get into a fight with each other. Now that is a real Canadian fishing show.

Anyone out there want to produce a real fishing show? The one where a bunch of guys spend a week together at a camp once a year, make an excuse for not to go fishing, go into town to watch the peelers, get into a fight with the locals, go back to camp, make an excuse not to go fishing, drink some more, play euchre and get into a fight with each other. Now that is a real Canadian fishing show.

Replace "fishing" with "hunting" and we can film a reality show at my camp. :)

Replace "fishing" with "hunting" and we can film a reality show at my camp. :)

LOL!!

I cringe everytime I hear John Gillespie's voice. lol

You can tell he makes people uncomfortable when he puts his arm around them and talks/yells into their ear for the next minute while they're holding a fish. Plus he's obsessed with sausages, even if they are one of his sponsors.

I like watching musky hunter and occasionally The Next Bite.

Couldn't beat old Red , loved the show

Maybe one day they'll come back on along with the Beachcombers B)

And 'Adventures in Rainbow Country'.

I lived and breathed that show when I was a kid.

Will still watch old Bobber I-to-the-zumi from time to time. Caught part of yesterdays on WFN, when he was fishing in front of the Pick Nuke Plant for browns. Kinda enjoyed that! His guide was funny. Was the first episode too that he pimped some Abu stuff. That's gotta be a bit of an adjustment for the man.

PVR Uncut, and will stop and watch Musky Hunter or Esox if on. Other than that, I'm with Dan... I'd like to see more far off places in HD with that nutbar Krupa.

Ohhh and to add... Adventures North. It's old school good!

Edited by Moosebunk

Other than that, I'm with Dan... I'd like to see more far off places in HD with that nutbar Krupa.

Ohhh and to add... Adventures North. It's old school good!

I probably should have said that I enjoyed all of Krupa's shows Drew, but the Labrador Brookie episode is epic. I so want to take a few casts from loverboy rock some day! A nutbar for sure. But a very entertaining nutbar. Also, not all HD is created equal, but Krupas shows are among the best HD productions that I've ever seen. Just beautiful stuff.

Will still watch old Bobber I-to-the-zumi from time to time. Caught part of yesterdays on WFN, when he was fishing in front of the Pick Nuke Plant for browns. Kinda enjoyed that! His guide was funny. Was the first episode too that he pimped some Abu stuff.

If I recall, his guide was Taro and he IS a NUT! I would rather fish with Taro any day over 85%+ of the show hosts out there.

As the kids say Taro is " da bomb ", your going to be seeing a lot more of him I predict. his personality is unique, I can listen to his honest enthusiasm all day long. I think he will get his own gig if there is a smart producer out there, but you're going to love him or hate him. His charter service is about to explode.

Mark Krupa is an outdoor writer and photographer, he is also a struggling Canadian actor, have seen him in few Canadian movies, television episodes and direct to video releases. I agree the production quality of his shows are far better than most shot in HD.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

I probably should have said that I enjoyed all of Krupa's shows Drew, but the Labrador Brookie episode is epic. I so want to take a few casts from loverboy rock some day! A nutbar for sure. But a very entertaining nutbar. Also, not all HD is created equal, but Krupas shows are among the best HD productions that I've ever seen. Just beautiful stuff.

Exactly Dan! And yeah... think the Sutton specks as well as the Fortress Lake BC speck episodes were solid too! Loverboy Rock... yeah... you're so 80's man! j/k. I remember that spot in the show surprisingly.

If I recall, his guide was Taro and he IS a NUT! I would rather fish with Taro any day over 85%+ of the show hosts out there.

Nowadays Taro would be put on Ritalin if he was a child... Luckily for him he's got fishing as an adult. Yeah... he was a giggler in that episode, but that's cool.

Mark Krupa is an outdoor writer and photographer, he is also a struggling Canadian actor, have seen him in few Canadian movies, television episodes and direct to video releases. I agree the production quality of his shows are far better than most shot in HD.

He was is that and an enthusiastic angler too. Overall... doing alright for himself for sure.

Couldn't beat old Red , loved the show

Maybe one day they'll come back on along with the Beachcombers B)

The only way that Red will come back is if somebody is beach combing and his decomposed body washes up (still clutching a book of his poems!)

Jim