A four year old's first ice-fishing experience

kickingfrog

Figured today was a good day to take my son out on the ice for the first time. We hit the bottom of Kempenfelt Bay because I didn't expect him to last more than a half hour and I hoped the perch action would a least keep him semi busy.

Ten feet out onto the ice and he said this was the spot to drill. 11fow not much action. I convince him that a little deeper might be better. Second spot is 18fow and we get some perch, but they are small. I sugest another move and we're off. 23fow and the screen is showing more activity. We get some more small perch and a four herring. After three hours I'm the one to say it is time to go home to get something to eat.

Maybe his snow suit dries out in time for tomorrows tobogganing.

I hope this is the first of many fishing trips.

DSCF1579_zps016be4bb.jpg

DSCF1580_zps0047b19e.jpg

Great stuff Rob!!!! !!!! Great to see a tradition in it's early stages. My son fish ... lol... it's the daughters that fish. None in winter though.... so far! 30, 28 and 25 in the next few weeks.

...eats... you took him to Hooters correct? :whistling:

Edited by irishfield

Great stuff Rob!!!! !!!! Great to see a tradition in it's early stages. My son fish ... lol... it's the daughters that fish. None in winter though.... so far! 30, 28 and 25 in the next few weeks.

...eats... you took him to Hooters correct? :whistling:

No, take-out fish and chips. :blush:

Well today was his first snowshoeing adventure. Two hours following animal tracks in the forest and fields on the edge of the city. Despite the numerous explanations as to why we might not see the animals who's tracks we were following he was still pretty disappointed with dearth of live bunnies, voles, squirrels and foxes. The day was saved though when he found some milkweed pods to play with.

DSCF1585_zps2bbde1a3.jpg

DSCF1584_zps41a148f1.jpg

IMAG0438_zpsedbbe1e8.jpg

Not sure what is going on with photobucket but these thumbnails are all that will show????

Photobucket is working for me today.

Edited by kickingfrog