Bald Eagle Sighting

4x4bassin

On my way into Alliston today I spotted 2 bald eagles in a tree , went back home to grab the camera and to my surprise they were still there . Couldn't get close at all but managed a couple pictures .

baldcopy.jpg?t=1359153994

IMG_0459.jpg?t=1359154255

IMG_0461.jpg?t=1359154377

I'm not to sure if you can spot them but there are two bald eagles in this picture below , surprisingly they

are quite easy to spot in the wild due to there size and colour

IMG_0465.jpg?t=1359154517

They were pretty big with a wing span of at least 6 feet , a real beautiful creature to say the least .

Location was 20km NW of Alliston in Dufferin county , I will keep my eyes open for the next couple months

and try to get more pictures.

Nice! Back in the summer I spotted one flying over York Rd. in Dundas and almost crashed the van... all I could say was "bald eagle" over and over again... the kids and wife were not as impressed as I :dunno:

I had never seen one in the "wild" before so it was quite exciting for me (and in Dundas as well!!).

Burt :)

Nice! Last fall I saw two together across from my house. Thought it was so amazing. 30 seconds later, my wife phones me and told me she just got a positive reading on a pregnancy test (after trying for over 2 years). Very cool day.

Ho hum....

Bald Eagles are common in some parts of Ontario but rare in other parts Dan, so sometimes seeing them is a big deal.

Don't really think comments such as "Ho hum" are really called for, specially from a moderator, when someone takes the time to share something with the members.

Bald Eagles are common in some parts of Ontario but rare in other parts Dan, so sometimes seeing them is a big deal.

Don't really think comments such as "Ho hum" are really called for, specially from a moderator, when someone takes the time to share something with the members.

X2 People who are on this board enjoy any or all aspects of fishing hunting and photography. I believe we all enjoy nature and the outdoors. When someone takes the time to share some of their experiences it should be encouraged, thats what makes this board what it is. :good: .

Blizz

For anyone wanting the opportunity to capture images of Bald Eagles ....Bae Du Dore just north of the Bruce Nuclear plant is great spot to see them....there are about 30 birds that will be living there for the duration of the winter as they can fish from the warm outflow of the Nuke Plant...at the boat launch just off to the left is an elevated Bird Watching Platform....Dress Warm because of the west winds comming off the lake and bring a large lens and youll grab some amazing shots ....If you dont have a large lens you can put in the foot work and get some shots....kinda like fishing where you just might get lucky and capture a prize..

Cheers!

edit to add...nice shots 4x4....thanks for sharing

Edited by Twocoda

I agree, seeing a bald eagle(especially for your first time) is a surreal sight! I worked at bruce nuclear and would see 6 to 12 a day, sometimes in full on wars over the outflow feeding on shad, so the excitement isn't there as much. But still seeing a bald eagle is something you'll always remember and a pretty special moment in my opinion!