How to get the PMs attention new rules for all Canadians

mr blizzard

There is a story behind the Fort Frances issue. (DanC, its kinda comical in a messed up way. Glad everyone is alright though)

And yes, the media is focusing on alot of negative things to keep you believing Natives are your enemy, and not Stephen Harper. (ie The Sun News, if you wanna balance it out, at least check out APTN)

Remember, Natives are evil people that live for free. Everyone else is a saint, lol.

And taxes pay for everything!

Seriously, I'm shocked at alot of the comments in this thread. A fishing site, where little to nobody has mentioned anything in relation to the protection of the earth.

Free money this, taxes that, education this.

Yet nearly every comment is uneducated, and ignorance at best.

Irishfield, perhaps we should chat sometime via pm, and see if we can understand each others viewpoints better. Cause your post in regards to me "breeding a football team" and " sorry, I was at work" replies are seriously offensive given the objective of this thread.

But you spent $325,000 on education and your calling me out? That was your decision to pay that for your children, it has nothing at all to do with me personally. At least I can't make the correlation?

But you spent $325,000 on education and your calling me out? That was your decision to pay that for your children, it has nothing at all to do with me personally. At least I can't make the correlation?

I'm not calling you "out".. I'm advising you of what you are going to save by letting those kids get educated in a professional capacity when they grow up. Use it to it's full capacity while you can and have these children make a mark on the world. You said education isn't fee for status folks... it absolutely is, even for off reserve status holders, and as pointed out by others they sometimes get bonuses after the fact as well when they graduate. I didn't make the "decision" to pay that money for my children.. I had no choice in the matter as they sure couldn't make that money over the summers themselves to get their education.#1 - Five years in engineering... #2 - 4 years for a New media degree.. and #3 - 4 years + 2 more years in her masters to be an Architect. Can't imagine the tally for the number of kids your fishing posts always show.

..and Yes.. Sorry, I was at work and got behind on this thread. I wonder how any work gets done in Ontario with so many that can post by the minute here... and I know, I'm one to talk.. I type fast! lol

I only posted what my local news stories for the day were manitoubass. These were not my opinions. This might surprise you, but I share my bed every night with a beautiful, full fledged, card carrying first nations lady. She's very involved with her reservations political doings. And I'm very proud of her for that.

"the media is focusing on alot of negative things to keep you believing Natives are your enemy"

Sorry Dude. But I dont sleep with the enemy.

I can tell you.what I lived through in Caledonia.... War upon Canadian citizens, racial based policing... Our government is afraid of the natives....the hennings made a fortune building only one house... Occupied by natives...... The government paid them out 22 million... Arrested law abiding (white) citizens and Allowed the natives to run amok..

There were TWO sets of laws.... One for white one for native.... I could go into a lot further detail... But I would rather not see this thread derail....

But I will say this much... All the natives care about is the $$$$ and could give two craps about the land.

G.

I only posted what my local news stories for the day were manitoubass. These were not my opinions. This might surprise you, but I share my bed every night with a beautiful, full fledged, card carrying first nations lady. She's very involved with her reservations political doings. And I'm very proud of her for that.

"the media is focusing on alot of negative things to keep you believing Natives are your enemy"

Sorry Dude. That simply doesn't apply to me.

I wasnt directing any negative energy at you DanC, just stating there was an interesting story behind what happend in Fort Frances.

Irishfield, thats a much better post, and I can understand it in a different light than the other post.

We all do bad things and things that aren't agreeable with everyone. But I truly believe this movement is a chance for the past to be set aside, and a way for all Canadians to understand each other, help each other, and most importantly, protect our lands/environment. The way things are going, nobody can justify the actions we have taken or allowed to happen to our lands/resources.

We need to protect life

Again, thanks irishfield for the clarification and I apologize for taking that the wrong way

Edited by manitoubass2

Glad we're on the same page Manitou.. unfortunate that others jump to conclusions... reading extra emotion into typed words.

Good to see my last paragraph being responded to... re living on reserve. Seems you have it in hand, while others use it as a crutch. Many could learn from you and your honey's incentives!

I can tell you.what I lived through in Caledonia.... War upon Canadian citizens, racial based policing... Our government is afraid of the natives....the hennings made a fortune building only one house... Occupied by natives...... The government paid them out 22 million... Arrested law abiding (white) citizens and Allowed the natives to run amok.. . There were TWO sets of laws.... One for white one for native.... I could go into a lot further detail... But I would rather not see this thread derail.... But I will say this much... All the natives care about is the $$$$ and could give two craps about the land. G.

The government has done much, much worse to indigenous people. That was a result of years of abuse and frustration. Unfortunately, that happens.

If you look at the grand scope of issues, you can understand that people break, and horrible things can happen.

All the more reason to understand, on both sides, move forward and stop pointing fingers at each other. The real people at fault here are those in charge, and everyone needs to realize that to move on.

This is not Canadians vrs. Natives, it's people against crimes of humanity and the ecosystem

When people fail to realize this, they are ignorantly perpetuating the separation of the two.

This is not Canadians vrs. Natives, it's people against crimes of humanity and the ecosystem

When people fail to realize this, they are ignorantly perpetuating the separation of the two.

This is where The sun media like rags make hay

As long as your mad at that slight of hand diversion (Hey look there---where's the $$ Chief Spence? and the likes)----your not watching your heritage and country being sold to the highest bidder.

Me---I'm not commenting on the great education for 1st Nations cause it was all too recent of history when too many young children were "Rescued" from their homes and got that great free education in the Residential schools---so if your going to look at Native schooling---maybe look at it all.---it was'nt that long ago.

Young parents----what if the man came along one day and scooped your kids and took them away from you sometimes for good----took them to say China and not allowed to speak English----would you be ok when told to just get over it and move on......

Proof of three examples of how much our natives care about the environment, and lets add in a little bit of terrorism, many many more examples if you do a simple google search, ever been to the garbage dump on the reserve that place is an environmental disaster

blockade.jpg

caledonia_20063_CP.jpgcaledonia_blockade_fire_2.jpg

Its truly sad. the lay claim of the eath resources and the land. that concept to me and others has long dissapated. . the sustunence claims are far reached. sorry but when we see nets,rotting fish,unwanted animal harvest.. the canadian laws are abused. understanding natives claims to this.but the folks just seem to use this as a tool. sportsmen scream at wastage,ghost gill nets and suddenly goverments cut cheques. when the monies run out once again the carnage starts again. thats not media hype its fact. walpole has done this for years. the council or band leaders if i said that correctly either dont care or have no control..so in closing why should goverments bargain or negotiate when natives have the same story being told 30 years ago. no direction obviosly..sorry if this upsets folks..

The government has done much, much worse to indigenous people. That was a result of years of abuse and frustration. Unfortunately, that happens.

If you look at the grand scope of issues, you can understand that people break, and horrible things can happen.

Exactly! That's the point I tried to make a few pages back. Why the big hue and cry for law enforcement when we are inconvenienced but a few road blockades, whereas all sorts of crimes against natives have been ignored by the police?

Check into the inquiry re the horrific Picton murders in BC for e.g.

Bushart - as promised.

http://www.simcoereformer.ca/2013/01/17/natives-protesting-at-wind-turbine-sites

so they don't like the wind turbines as they are not the owners and are not getting money.

HOWEVER,

as I'm in the office, I pulled one of my files.

M'Chigeeng First Nation policy. Wind turbines on their premises. Amazing. Ok for that first nation band to allow, as they are the owners, and making the coin. But the haldimand site - no way. Natives aren't making the cash, so they are against it.

That SHOWS FIRST HAND what influences decisions. Not nature. Not land. Not history. PURE MONEY!

I've also been supporting the cause on my political site from day one! Fisherman should be supporting the Natives! Sorry but the government only listens to the people when their walets are being effected! So what, they block some traffic, if it will bring some long term benefits! Considering this is a fishing forum, know that this also a fishing related mater.

Native leaders also want Ottawa to rescind parts of recent budget legislation that they say reduces environmental protection for lakes and rivers.

The natives see the government taking more and more of their land(for commercial use) and they are not too happy about it.

Bushart - as promised. http://www.simcoereformer.ca/2013/01/17/natives-protesting-at-wind-turbine-sites so they don't like the wind turbines as they are not the owners and are not getting money. HOWEVER, as I'm in the office, I pulled one of my files. M'Chigeeng First Nation policy. Wind turbines on their premises. Amazing. Ok for that first nation band to allow, as they are the owners, and making the coin. But the haldimand site - no way. Natives aren't making the cash, so they are against it. That SHOWS FIRST HAND what influences decisions. Not nature. Not land. Not history. PURE MONEY!

Not sure about this when you say not nature------I read they were going to shut the site down because they cut a tree down with an eagle's nest

Eagles are nature....No??

I've also been supporting the cause on my political site from day one! Fisherman should be supporting the Natives! Sorry but the government only listens to the people when their walets are being effected! So what, they block some traffic, if it will bring some long term benefits! Considering this is a fishing forum, know that this also a fishing related mater.

Native leaders also want Ottawa to rescind parts of recent budget legislation that they say reduces environmental protection for lakes and rivers.

The natives see the government taking more and more of their land(for commercial use) and they are not too happy about it.

Like the Alberta Cree losing the land the oil sands sits on----no consultation or compensation

And the taxpayer flag waving makes me laugh------One really has to ask themselves---even if the Gov't did not give FN's 5 cents----do you truly believe you'd pay less in taxes----or would they just find something else to spend on------I know where I'd bet my $$$---you'd get 2 more f-35's

Canada spent 5 billion of "Your" tax dollars last year on foreign aid------where's the campaign on that---is it not also spending your tax dollars??

What about the 0ne Billion on G8 and G20-----Huntsville got a gazebo and Toronto got broken windows---my my---where's the taxpaying outrage here??

based on what I've reported above, the indians do quite a bit of supporting only when their wallets are being effected as well. As long as that "effecting" is for their benefit!

Sure, who doesn't, when food is being taken off their table? If your going to infringe on their land, dont they deserve at least some compensation? If someone wants to use my land, dont you think I would like some compensation?

Lets face it. The Natives were here before us. And they took much better care of the land!

Sure some laws protecting them may have to be updated as their population grows(like fishing wherever they want/even in sanctuaries), but much of the laws concerning Aborigional rights should be respected.

Edited by Jay from North Bay

Proof of three examples of how much our natives care about the environment, and lets add in a little bit of terrorism, many many more examples if you do a simple google search, ever been to the garbage dump on the reserve that place is an environmental disaster

attachicon.gifblockade.jpg

attachicon.gifcaledonia_20063_CP.jpgattachicon.gifcaledonia_blockade_fire_2.jpg

Looks like a fire to me ...Sorry your so easily scared....Pack up and move from the area ...or is that a violation of your rights?

Its truly sad. the lay claim of the eath resources and the land. that concept to me and others has long dissapated. . the sustunence claims are far reached. sorry but when we see nets,rotting fish,unwanted animal harvest.. the canadian laws are abused. understanding natives claims to this.but the folks just seem to use this as a tool. sportsmen scream at wastage,ghost gill nets and suddenly goverments cut cheques. when the monies run out once again the carnage starts again. thats not media hype its fact. walpole has done this for years. the council or band leaders if i said that correctly either dont care or have no control..so in closing why should goverments bargain or negotiate when natives have the same story being told 30 years ago. no direction obviosly..sorry if this upsets folks..

So it ok for OUR Government to lay claim of it ...you buy a piece of dirt and pay tax on the sale ...build a house and pay tax on everything that goes into it .....and then continue to pay Annual Tax on it for the rest of time....So who is laying claim on land?

You bet they're pissed off---cause as a taxpayer I did'nt sign up to remove all the environmenmtal protections just so some oil company can improve their bottom line

How's that for a sugar coat??

Anti Democracy Omnibus Sugar Coating is more bitter then sweet...but most people are ignorant to the ways...and by saying nothing .... unfortunately by design is to agree....Canadians need to be Idle No More

Bushart - as promised. http://www.simcoereformer.ca/2013/01/17/natives-protesting-at-wind-turbine-sites so they don't like the wind turbines as they are not the owners and are not getting money. HOWEVER, as I'm in the office, I pulled one of my files. M'Chigeeng First Nation policy. Wind turbines on their premises. Amazing. Ok for that first nation band to allow, as they are the owners, and making the coin. But the haldimand site - no way. Natives aren't making the cash, so they are against it. That SHOWS FIRST HAND what influences decisions. Not nature. Not land. Not history. PURE MONEY!

Steve ...im going to take a wild guess and assume you know nothing of the repercussions of the wind turbines to Health and Environment and the burden they impose on the Tax Payers ....This isnt the thread for that. Maybe in your world everything is generated by money....so dont cast ignorant stones at any particular group of people...I understant these are your opinions and respect that but my opinion is .....your comming off like a racist which by inlarge is an indication that you have no clue as to what is going on with any of this movement other than what you read or see by government controlled media

When Harper opens the gate for you....then and only then ...are you allowed to step out of the pen

Edited by Twocoda