How to get the PMs attention new rules for all Canadians

mr blizzard

I guess we can all have the right to disrupt road and rail traffic if we have issues with the government after watching the news today. Forget going to your local elected officials. If I have an issue with gov't I do not have the right to inconvenience others. And yes my grandfather and uncle died fighting for the rights of all Canadians.

What are your thoughts.

I guess we can all have the right to disrupt road and rail traffic if we have issues with the government after watching the news today. Forget going to your local elected officials. If I have an issue with gov't I do not have the right to inconvenience others. And yes my grandfather and uncle died fighting for the rights of all Canadians.

What are your thoughts.

I think the double standard is ridiculous. Government and OPP are deathly afraid that someone might get hurt or killed if they step in and do their job. Its getting out of hand, and its only going to get a lot worse before it gets better.

Just what is the double standard you are referring too? Its my understanding that every Canadian has a right to protest peacefully.

A minor inconvenience is just that, and considerably more enjoyable then some things indigenous people have suffered through because of the Canadian Government.

I applaud the movement and it's cause.

I also think it's a great way to voice our concerns over these omnibus legislations and the protection, or lacktherof, of nature in this country.

But I do respect your right to disagree if you so choose

Edited by manitoubass2

I'm glad somebody is trying to do something about the Gov's actions...which I find anti-democratic, anti-canadian and corrupt with private business.

Sending a letter to my PM wouldn't do a lick of difference so I'd rather support those who are willing to fight for canadian land protection.

I'm glad somebody is trying to do something about the Gov's actions...which I find anti-democratic, anti-canadian and corrupt with private business.

Sending a letter to my PM wouldn't do a lick of difference so I'd rather support those who are willing to fight for canadian land protection.

Edit: If I get caught up in traffic in my travels tomorrow, I'm gonna sit patiently and then wave nicely and then appreciate that we are experiencing very interesting times....

I think the double standard is ridiculous. Government and OPP are deathly afraid that someone might get hurt or killed if they step in and do their job. Its getting out of hand, and its only going to get a lot worse before it gets better.

All the police, both O.P.P. and Treaty Three have been awesome in our area. So I'm not sure where your getting your info about the police and government being deathly afraid?

This is very well put, I'd incourage you to watch it

These acts of peaceful disruption have been used before. There were many highway and railroad disruptions back in the 70's and early 80's.

Those actions also had serious consequences. Some communities polarized between native and non-native, forcing people to chose sides along racial lines. Both sides being equally guilty. Some communities were hurt by the disruptions, and those people retaliated economically.

I fear this will again bring about a similar polarization.

Maybe it's because I've never had much to protest about, but I have an extreme lack of patience for any type of protest that interferes with the daily responsibilities of other people.

Demonstrating at the side of the road is one thing...demonstrating ON the road is entirely different.

The race, nationality, occupation, sexual orientation, or favourite fishing lure of said protesting individuals matters not to me. Protest or demonstrate for your cause all you want, just don't stop other people from doing the things they are responsible for doing.

Maybe it's because I've never had much to protest about, but I have an extreme lack of patience for any type of protest that interferes with the daily responsibilities of other people.

Demonstrating at the side of the road is one thing...demonstrating ON the road is entirely different.

The race, nationality, occupation, sexual orientation, or favourite fishing lure of said protesting individuals matters not to me. Protest or demonstrate for your cause all you want, just don't stop other people from doing the things they are responsible for doing.

Well said.

A blockade is not a peaceful protest. At best, its an attempt to draw attention to the cause by creating an annoyance. At worst, (and much too often) its an attempt to provoke an incident.

Hmm, look up and get the facts about C-45, First Nations just happened to stir the pot over SOME things that affect every Canadian.

It's not all bad.

ANY LAWS that are passed in government without debate or neglect to experts advice is Bad law....Bad policy and Bull....McGuilty got his due for doing it ....now Harper is going to get his due....Democracy has educated debates and votes.....Omnibus bills have no place in our government....just to accommodate the corporate status quo ( it becomes dictatorship)

Interesting times indeed....history in the making for hopefully a new horizon

I'm not implying anything... I'm stating a fact. Barrie's "protest" made my daughter late for work.

Wayne your daughter will not even notice a loss of her pay for the time she was in convenience by the blockade but the government WILL notice the loss of revenue they collect off her cheque....any longer then 4 hours of loss /40hr wk then she will notice.....The only way to get the attention of the PM is to get the people aware of what truly is going on. Then once they/we all realize the entire situation then we can either complain or support the revolution.....personally ...i support it and stand in solidarity with Idle No More issues( protecting our waterways and resources) as well as Chief Theresa Spences issues of not living in third world conditions in one of the richest countrys in the world....

In protest, you have to draw attention. When money controls everything, well, you basically disrupt the flow to have your issues addressed.

I must say I'm saddened by a few of these comments.

Out of any board, I would expect this one to be concerned and thoroughly active on issues regarding the environment.

Sorry your daughter was late to work irishfield.

Much bigger concerns here if you look at the bigger picture.

Wayne your daughter will not even notice a loss of her pay for the time she was in convenience by the blockade but the government WILL notice the loss of revenue they collect off her cheque....any longer then 4 hours of loss /40hr wk then she will notice.....The only way to get the attention of the PM is to get the people aware of what truly is going on. Then once they/we all realize the entire situation then we can either complain or support the revolution.....personally ...i support it and stand in solidarity with Idle No More issues( protecting our waterways and resources) as well as Chief Theresa Spences issues of not living in third world conditions in one of the richest countrys in the world....

much respect...

same to a few others here for realizing the real issues at hand