How to get the PMs attention new rules for all Canadians

mr blizzard

Of course there is misinformation on both sides ... it makes for "good" news reporting!

In todays age, there is no reason to be misinformed on any of this..... even Clayton Kennedy (Chief Spence's boyfriend) doesn't deny he got paid $850/day(TAX FREE) while his fellow citzens live in unheated homes with little or no food. More money than my daughters neurosurgeon gets paid/day by OHIP!

Edited by irishfield

Chiefs are equivalent to mayors....On average a mayor is paid 95 K a year....on average a chief is paid 36k a year (there are cheifs that do it for nothing)....Spence is paid 69 k a year what her boyfriend makes isnt relative like it isnt relative what Rob Fords wife makes per year....Spences boyfriend may make 850 a day ...but may only work one day a month for his services to the band so in essence ....he would make 850 a month and the only reason he is employed by the band is because of the stringent reports that have to be submitted to our Gov justifying the money that is released to the band with full disclosure for transparency...On the other hand ...our government claims they give 90 million to the band when in essence they havent given them a fraction of that money...Where is the money????Harper says he doesnt know and he cant disclose where the money actually is...(I would expect someone to be held accountable....but it will get swept under the rug)

Now lets look at the issue of starving waterless people living in a town/rez while the Chief is makeing 69k a year and now putting her life on the line for them....Rob Ford makes in excess of 100k a year and walks right past people living under bridges in toronto....but interesting enough ...do you think Ford would put his life on the line for the homeless people in Toronto?...i hardly think so....It just wouldnt happen from a politician ....but he will scream to the Federal Government for money to build parks under bridges and get it .....so ...if we are all equal Canadians ....what is more important drinking water that doesnt light on fire or ensuring your city kids have a bridge to play under in style...

Rob Ford is the mayor of a city with 2.6 million people and thousands of employees. Spence is chief of 300 or so members!!! Plus she has band council members(21?).... Maybe her pay should be cut to jus a few hundred bucks and Ford should get a big raise.....

Just what is the double standard you are referring too? Its my understanding that every Canadian has a right to protest peacefully.

A minor inconvenience is just that, and considerably more enjoyable then some things indigenous people have suffered through because of the Canadian Government.

I applaud the movement and it's cause.

I also think it's a great way to voice our concerns over these omnibus legislations and the protection, or lacktherof, of nature in this country.

But I do respect your right to disagree if you so choose

Hey buddy,

If your not native you go close the bridge down and see how long you last. If your native you can squat as long as you like with OPP protection. Give your head a shake........

We put up with enogh of this in Caledonia, time for the people to do their jobs and clear them out.

Double standard or what

One incident that always sticks in my mind was the blockade in Caledonia when the police van was driving through the crowd and a person smashed out the rear window with a bat. The police could be seen in the van but they never even got out, let alone arrest the bat wielder.

Can't imagine I'd ever get away with that.

I don't pretend to understand all their issues, but blockading highways & rail lines and destroying public properties doesn't seem to me to be a way of getting public support....but that's just my opinion.

This is a topic that's important to everyone in this country and it'd be nice to hear the opinions of those that actually understand the issues without this thread going down the drain and getting locked up like usual.

I have nothing but respect for Natives, always have.

This is just stupid though. I hear a lot of complaining of what the government has done to them lol. What is that given them free schooling, health care, assistance. I mean if things aren't all great on the reserve no one is making you stay there.

I'm not implying anything... I'm stating a fact. Barrie's "protest" made my daughter late for work.

Your implications are bang on Wayne. They don't have to work, They don't pay taxes, Their chiefs are given boat loads of our money every wrong word year. But lets turn this on its head this time. If you have time, join them. This could be a great cause for all Canadians to get behind. After all its called "Idle No More". Just a thought. I like a lot of what Harpers' done but lets be frank, politicians don't work for us they appease us enough so we don't light the store on fire.

I have absolutely no issues with peaceful demonstration, whatever your cause. But, when lives are disrupted, laws are broken, property is damaged or destroyed, and violence against others occurs it can not be tolerated. ALL offenders regardless of race, creed, religion or status need to be dealt with as the law requires.........no exceptions. I think that this is the problem that most of us have. If I want to stand on the sidewalk and preach about my cause to all that will listen, all is well with the world. If I decide that I want to kick things up a notch and set fire to my neighbours car or throw rocks at windows, I will and should be arrested......

Chiefs are equivalent to mayors....On average a mayor is paid 95 K a year....on average a chief is paid 36k a year (there are cheifs that do it for nothing)....Spence is paid 69 k a year what her boyfriend makes isnt relative like it isnt relative what Rob Fords wife makes per year....Spences boyfriend may make 850 a day ...but may only work one day a month for his services to the band so in essence ....he would make 850 a month and the only reason he is employed by the band is because of the stringent reports that have to be submitted to our Gov justifying the money that is released to the band with full disclosure for transparency...On the other hand ...our government claims they give 90 million to the band when in essence they havent given them a fraction of that money...Where is the money????Harper says he doesnt know and he cant disclose where the money actually is...(I would expect someone to be held accountable....but it will get swept under the rug)

Now lets look at the issue of starving waterless people living in a town/rez while the Chief is makeing 69k a year and now putting her life on the line for them....Rob Ford makes in excess of 100k a year and walks right past people living under bridges in toronto....but interesting enough ...do you think Ford would put his life on the line for the homeless people in Toronto?...i hardly think so....It just wouldnt happen from a politician ....but he will scream to the Federal Government for money to build parks under bridges and get it .....so ...if we are all equal Canadians ....what is more important drinking water that doesnt light on fire or ensuring your city kids have a bridge to play under in style...

Our household, as many others pay over 50% of our take to Governments every damn year and we are getting less and less in return. Aren't we all CANADIANS here? Look at this as a CALL TO ACTION. We could hijack this protest and let the rats in every governmental institution from coast to coast realize that its time to pay the dealer his due. Its not about how much anyone makes but what we expect in exchange. They love it when their social engineering stamp divides us because it pits us against each other instead of them. But alas, it will probably end up as another opportunity lost. Say what we will about the Indians and how they conduct themselves but at least they have the nuts to stand up and be counted.

Hey buddy,

If your not native you go close the bridge down and see how long you last. If your native you can squat as long as you like with OPP protection. Give your head a shake........

We put up with enogh of this in Caledonia, time for the people to do their jobs and clear them out.

Why give my head a shake?

There was 3 blockades near my house yesterday alone. I've spoken with officers at the rallies, and never had an issue. The police are being informed before these rallies happen, so they can react accordingly.

And to those worries about certain routes being blocked, most of that can be fixed with a quick google search to see where rallies are being held.

Many Natives pay taxes just like everyone else. Bands are given a lump sump of money by the government to be divided amongst all of First Nations. Sounds like alot, but not so much when divided up.

Natives DO NOT get free schooling. And what they do receive is far less then average in this country.

Moneys payed to bands in this country are AS PER THE NEGOTIATED TREATY RIGHTS.

A huge part of this movement is environmental concern, another part is for the Canadian government to respect and honour the negotiated treaty rights of indigenous people. Also to be included in these types of decisions

Maybe it's because I've never had much to protest about, but I have an extreme lack of patience for any type of protest that interferes with the daily responsibilities of other people.

Demonstrating at the side of the road is one thing...demonstrating ON the road is entirely different.

The race, nationality, occupation, sexual orientation, or favourite fishing lure of said protesting individuals matters not to me. Protest or demonstrate for your cause all you want, just don't stop other people from doing the things they are responsible for doing.

THATS MY WHOLE POINT RIGHT ON

A persons rights end, when they impinge, on the rights of others. :excl:

You should say that to the Government perhaps?

Here is a link with some information. Whether you believe in the cause or not, it's a good place to read and see the viewpoints of the protesters.

http://idlenomore.ca/

There is usually links for any days events in North America so you can re route if you need to...

Edited by manitoubass2

That is funny because a good friend of mine went to Trent University for free so was his schooling at Fleming college.

Money is allocated from what the bands receive as per the treaty negotiations etc. So education takes up a pretty big percentage of the overall monies a band has to operate with.

That my friend, is not "free schooling"

So true

Double standard or what

Double standard indeed. Why are folks so interested in have the cops crack down on what is a relatively minor offence, but no such interest when major crimes up to and incl murder are committed against First Nations people? High profile cases in BC and Sask spring to mind but there have been lots more. You bet we have a double standard!!