Do I dare say licked .... (NF)

camillj

Seeing as a few of you have followed up to see how the 'nico-battle' is going ... I should share with you that today is a pretty major milestone ... 2 full months ... without a puff... no patch ... no colts .... no cigars.... no nicorettes ... no xyban ... just plain old fashioned cold turkey ... and perhaps a little vino-rosso to wash her down :)

Now ... during that time I have had some of the biggest challenges of my adult life ... details not needed here .... but if there was anyone wondering if they could make it ... even during the hardest of times .... let me telll you .. YES ... just dont let ANYTHING be an excuse .. and you'll find your way through it.

I can honestly attest to the fact that if I hadnt been 60 days clean I truly believe I would have been a ICU patron with whats been going on in my life.

Nuff said for now

Nope ... dont do it for the money .. In my case I am up about $800 on smokes and down a couple mill or so .... you do it for YOU ...period...ok and maybe just a little for those who love you.

Being new,,I am busying myself reading many posts...I am both very much impressed and inspired by yours...being a smoker myself I know the battle well. Thanks for sharing...I will remember your words. After 2 months and no aids - you beat it! Congrats.

WOOHOO!!! :thumbsup_anim: . I think you've got'er beat. Stick with it. Just about fourteen months smoke free for myself. Sometimes I still want one of the damn things.................. but then I look at my kids and I remember why I quit. I never smoked in my house so they were never subjected to second hand smoke anyway, but they are proud of me for quitting and I showed them that you can do anything if you try hard enough. So,if doing it for yourself isn't enough,just go in and look at your childrens faces and that should do it.

:)

Doug its pronounced ca- mill - jay ..... an OLLLLLLLLD (possibly even one of the first) VAX VMS usernames (the standard was first six letters of last name and first initial) ... became my nickname over the years....

But you can just call me Jon :) :) :)

Congrats to you, I have a friend who smokes and has since he was 14, I wish he would quit because you can hear it in his breathing and his coughing. His mother died of lung cancer 3 years ago and everyone in his family smokes. I think it is really great that you are kicking this habbit, even though it is probably worse than kicking some drugs out there. :clapping:

Nope ... dont do it for the money .. In my case I am up about $800 on smokes and down a couple mill or so .... you do it for YOU ...period...ok and maybe just a little for those who love you.

Good for you, it get's easier every day it's 4 months for me keep up the good work. Your right you have to do it for you!

Congrats.

But now is the time to be most vigilant. As the physical addiction wears off, you feel great and in control and then you start thinking - "Hey - maybe just one" or "Well I'm not hooked, I can handle it" or "I'm really stressed and this will relax me" or any other of a millions excuses that will pop up from time to time. And then it starts all over again.

Maybe re-read the "Never Take Another Puff" info about nicotine addiction and the lies it tells.

With more failures than succesess, I know from exerience just how easy it is to slide back into it.

Congrats on 2 months...just remember you will always be just one cigarette away from having to go through the pain of quitting all over again...

If you don't take the first one...it is physically impossible to have the second !

NOTHING, absolutely NOTHING is worth taking that first one !!!

Edited by Beans

I know the just one cigarette thing, quit for 7 years and all it took was one to go back.

On my way to going cold turkey again very soon, your accomplishments and following your threads here, have certainly inspired me to do something about a horrible addition, as I am sure it has many others.

Well done Jon,

Jen