Big musky

mike rousseau

Wow, very few "Good for you!" comments. It's no wonder people don't bother posting images anymore. I don't blame Laz for not showing pictures. The same would go for a few other trophy takers (C&R of course) on this site. Speaking of such, has anyone heard from Mark Thorpe lately?

Ron, don't call your fish a world record (unless it actually is) and it would likely have received more good jobs.

It's a huge fish none the less.

By them actually calling it a "world record" it shows they don't believe the "real" world record is legit.

I'm quite sure (100% actually) that if Laz, Thorpe, or anyone else actually caught the real world record, photo's would be shown left and right (knowing the muskie game, likely sold to the highest bidding website).

Further, I'm quite sure if that fish weighed 65.5lbs and not 58.5lbs the fish would have been kept. So good on the fish for coming in under the 65lbs mark - cause it likely saved its life!

edit: spelling

Edited by Steve

Wow, very few "Good for you!" comments. It's no wonder people don't bother posting images anymore. I don't blame Laz for not showing pictures. The same would go for a few other trophy takers (C&R of course) on this site.

I have the same sentiment as you Ron :wallbash: It's amazing how a trophy fish caught and then being posted, get decimated in seconds :wallbash:

Edited by TroutJunkie

Saw this pic and thought, this is going to be a great story.

photo-60.png

See this pic and still think it will be. First things that went through my head though, man I wish I could catch one like that, and... good for those doods.

I mean, there's only so many that put the time in that Laz does. If anyone could be considered deserving it'd be him, or a guy in his boat. That is just one beautiful big fall muskie... and like any great catch I'm sure there is a wicked story to go along with it.

0055.jpg

Think that some comments tend to be knee jerk reactions but for overall muskie mayhem within a post, this has been pretty tame. It is probably with muskie more than any other fish too, that people become skeptical or hold seriously strong opinions. If Laz or Barbosa were members here, then the replies would likely be more positive too.

Wow, very few "Good for you!" comments. It's no wonder people don't bother posting images anymore. I don't blame Laz for not showing pictures. The same would go for a few other trophy takers (C&R of course) on this site. Speaking of such, has anyone heard from Mark Thorpe lately?

Not sure who the "good for you" comments would be directed at... :unsure:

Neither the Angler nor the Guide are apart of this thread, or forum that we know of...

I'd say this thread has been very civil...So far.

Just realized I boated 5 Muskies this year...I don't think their combined weight was 58 lbs... :wallbash:

Edited by Pigeontroller

Sure Ron, I hear from him every now and then. He had a good year this year. Also very busy with FishfactorTV. In fact we spoke of this very fish a few days ago.

I didn't realize anyone was trying to take away from this amazing catch...?

I hope I can get one that heavy one day...

Also... Lazarus did not post the picture with the words "world record" on Facebook... That was another person.... And I posted it here to try and get more info on this awesome catch.... And that seems to be the part being discussed the most...

Lazarus is a musky god to me and a lot of other anglers.... And I don't think anyone was directing their skepticism towards Lazarus' clients catch... But towards the edited pic reading "world record"

So now guys shouldnt post Musky threads because there isnt enough "good for you" comments... Same old story here. Its not negetavive comments about the fish ( because there arent any here) Its the few guys on here with nothing better to do then complain about Musky posts in hopes that they go south.

Its a giant fish... One of many giants for Laz, so no real surprise. Not a World record. Good for you Laz! There, are the anti Musky thread guys happy now?... Grow up

Ron, don't call your fish a world record (unless it actually is) and it would likely have received more good jobs.

It's a huge fish none the less.

By them actually calling it a "world record" it shows they don't believe the "real" world record is legit.

I'm quite sure (100% actually) that if Laz, Thorpe, or anyone else actually caught the real world record, photo's would be shown left and right (knowing the muskie game, likely sold to the highest bidding website).

Further, I'm quite sure if that fish weighed 65.5lbs and not 58.5lbs the fish would have been kept. So good on the fish for coming in under the 65lbs mark - cause it likely saved its life!

edit: spelling

So now lets see what guys consider the real World record Musky... ( and I dont mean released fish with stretched proportions)

Edited by Bladeburner

This thread is testament to how dysfunctional the fishing community, and more so the Muskie fishing world is. A well know guy catches a very nice fish,doesn't post or make claims on it, yet someone else does it for him on a site he's not even on. Everybody get their knickers in a knot about it and the next thing you know, arguments pop up, the thread goes off topic, uncivil and ultimately locked.

No wonder posting pics of big fish is rare!

Brilliant

:blahblah1:

I think no one but you and Ron got their knickers up..I think it was a pretty mild thread....

and the only info we had, had the silly notion to call it a world record..what choice did people have but to say nice fish but no record