Amazing Day Of Fishing

Well, originally I had plans to fish for Pike on Georgian Bay this week. Unfortunately those plans fell through, so myself and 2 other friends decided to fish for steelhead. Personally, at this time of year I'm getting a little bored with steelhead fishing, as there's so many other great things to do once May rolls around. So this was my steelheading swansong 'till October rolls around......and a good one it was :D .

It was a huge numbers day with easily 150 fish put on the bank between the 3 of us :P . All the fish were dropbacks, but fully recovered and full of fight with most fish clearing the water 5-6 times.....

100_0971.jpg

100_0990.jpg

100_0989.jpg

100_0987.jpg

100_0984.jpg

100_0983.jpg

100_0981.jpg

100_0980.jpg

100_0977.jpg

100_0974.jpg

100_0971.jpg

100_0970.jpg

100_0968.jpg

100_0964.jpg

100_0963.jpg

Obviously, the pic's are just a fraction of what we actually caught. Hot bait was whatever you happened to have on your hook :D . Seriously, they were ravenous and hitting everything. Water temps. were still a reasonable 60 degrees, so the fish were all still in good shape when released. Definitely ended the steelhead season with a bang!

cheers, Mike

I could NEVER get bored of that! fish jumping 5 or 6 times, I love it when the Steelhead are that HOT and it only really happens that frequently at this time of year.

What a great day!

Cheers!

Tony

WTG Mike, another great day on the water for ya !!

Keep this up and you may actually start getting me interested in river fishin :Gonefishing:

Hey Lew, I'll trade you a guided steelhead trip (when the conditions are prime), for a musky trip :D .

Seriously, I'd be happy to take you out if the opportunity presents itself....

That's a deal we can definetely work on Mike, muskies open June 2nd and I'll be on the water most of the time from then, right thru till the season closure.

I've also got all the gear you'll need too.

That's a deal we can definetely work on Mike, muskies open June 2nd and I'll be on the water most of the time from then, right thru till the season closure.

I've also got all the gear you'll need too.

Ditto!

(I love these kinds of "deals" ;) )