Lunch visitor today!

Headhunter

I work from my home office in Scarborough. I was starting to think what to have for lunch when my dog started to growl and huff and puff...

I turn around and look in my backyard and see this!

FEF5D1BE.jpg

9E2E2C30.jpg

So, I am taking reservations from the cross bow/bow hunters who would like to stake out my back deck... I'll take pepperettes as payment!

HH

Turns out that I had to cut the apple as it was too big to fit in it's mouth!

So as I am cutting the apple, the silly thing walks over to me, I feed it a 1/4 apple and comence to petting the silly thing!

i wish mykids were home to see this!

HH

I work from my home office in Scarborough. I was starting to think what to have for lunch when my dog started to growl and huff and puff...

I turn around and look in my backyard and see this!

So, I am taking reservations from the cross bow/bow hunters who would like to stake out my back deck... I'll take pepperettes as payment!

HH

SO far, I have tried to feed it a carrot, didn't seem interested, nor the apple... but it just did take some romain lettuce out of my hand!

It's now waiting at the bottom of my stairs for more food!

No need for crossbow or bow, just a handfull of lettuce or cut up apple and a hatchet.

Edited by Nipfisher

Turns out that I had to cut the apple as it was too big to fit in it's mouth!

So as I am cutting the apple, the silly thing walks over to me, I feed it a 1/4 apple and comence to petting the silly thing!

i wish mykids were home to see this!

HH

Tie it up and it will still be there for your kids to see.

It is kinda neat when you figure I live in the country's largest city, the 401 is two minutes away and I can hear a city bus going by every 15 minutes!

BTW - she doesn't like celery! I walked up to her, showed her the celery and she just snorted and wagged her head at me.

I know you guys who are lucky enought to make a living and live outside of T.O are probably shaking your heads at me, but it's pretty rare for a deer to be walking around in your back yard in the city.

FnS... what should I feed her next, she can self marinade for us! I wonder if she likes Franks Hot Sauce! LOL

HH

Edited by Headhunter

Club it on the head and if anyone asks.... self defense :canadian:

We have a lot of deer near the Bluffs. Found a couple of sheds throughout the years of bike riding around here.

Thats pretty neat that you are feeding it.

Edited by Dozer

So when are you calling the MNR? If you keep feeding her, she's not going to leave.

I'm waiting until my kids come home from school... I want them to see it. Shortly there after, I will be introducing her to my 80lb lab named Lucky... I think she may leave on her own...

Thanks for the concern though...

HH

please be carefull with your lab.. one kick to the head could be deadly to the dog.. open a gate and let her go on her own... i have seen a few dogs that have been killed by deer (mostly beagles) the deer will only take so much

I plan on having the dog on a leash... I figure the second she see's the dog, she'll just jump the fence the way she came in and take off into the ravine.

HH

I plan on having the dog on a leash... I figure the second she see's the dog, she'll just jump the fence the way she came in and take off into the ravine.

HH

I think you could open your gate and just guide it out..without stressing it out by having your dog bark at it.

I would enjoy the chance to actually see some wild life other coons, coyotes and skunks in the big smoke.

Be careful and enjoy the experience, then guide her out peacefully, no need to stress her out.

Wouldn't it be cool if she was a common visitor....