You tried to ruin my day but it didn't work!

SlowPoke

brian that sucks. we fished that area in the 80,s. nowadays the contact musky fishing is a war zone. local landowners have had enuff. norice the no paarking signs. garbage strewn about. tree saplings broken. its a short matter of time..i fish my home area with no crowds of bulldog warriors.. karma will come around on those twerps

George we were in your neighborhood over the weekend, the chuckers were out in full force Sunday at the marina across from Peche Island.

CO's were out also and guess who they had first crack at :w00t: no worries though on my endI kind of thought it was funny

Good to see your boat caught a fish Brian :thumbsup_anim:

Edited by Whopper

Thanks, guys- that fish was the biggest blast in the world. Sorry, SlowPoke for not providing ear plugs!!!

The day was fantastic, the fish was super-duper, the company was ridiculously funny.... It was a great day. I got a pb like I could never have imagined. That's soooo cool, I am still grinning like a dorkus!!!

It’s great that this nimrod didn’t spoil the day for you and what a way to host a fishing trip by getting someone’s PB. :clapping:

Brian maybe bring that tire down to the shop. I know it’s not the best to repair sidewall damage; but if it’s a clean puncture? I might be able to put a combi radial patch in it and you can use it for an extra spare; a plain steel rim is cheap?

Dan.

Trailcam watching your rig next time. Or what ever it takes to make that fool pay.

Great idea and was also suggested by jjcanoe. I didn't opt for a trailcam but did purchase a dashcam that will record and play back on the unit or upload to PC. High def and wide angle lens should see them coming and going. As an added benefit, I can use it for work!!

well that just plain old sucks, i started casting there this year and have met some great people there, but there is always the one in the bunch that tend to ruin it for everyone

You're our man on the ground; please keep an eye out for us.

It’s great that this nimrod didn’t spoil the day for you and what a way to host a fishing trip by getting someone’s PB. :clapping:

Brian maybe bring that tire down to the shop. I know it’s not the best to repair sidewall damage; but if it’s a clean puncture? I might be able to put a combi radial patch in it and you can use it for an extra spare; a plain steel rim is cheap?

Dan.

I was thinking the same. I have 2 sets of rims and rubber and it would make a good backup to the spare. See ya soon!

What made this guy mad enough to screw your tire? I don't remember ever having trouble with someone shore fishing when I am I my boat. I can't figure this out at all.

Nice fish though WTG.

Not sure, Glen and I don't know if I ever will understand why it happened. I don't know if it was directed at me, another boater or just a random act of stupidity. I'll never understand why I need a hard hat to pass the pier either. They cast at trollers, hunters and boaters just passing through the narrow channel. My old boat was hit, I've been splashed and I can't count how many times a lure has landed within a few feet.

Anybody that has fished down there from a boat can attest.

Sounds like they felt you were cutting through their casting area. How narrow is this spot?

Nice fish foresure.

If I had to guess, I'd say 120' and about 80' is navigable. The far side from the pier is 2-3' deep. With any sense at all they realize its shallow by the buoy markers. But then again, with any sense at all they wouldn't be chucking muskie lures at boats. I never have an issue with salmon chuckers on Lake Ontario. These guys are a different breed.

are you saying you fished within casting distance of them all day long?

You don't have much choice at that location Terry as it's right at the mouth of the Thames where it empties into LSC.

Because of the narrow channel boats have to come somewhat close to the shore and rather than letting them through without hassling the boaters, a few of the shore anglers like to be jerks and toss their baits as close as possible.

big musky baits cast farther then smaller baits, and if i was fishing from shore (which i dont do) i would want to cast as far as possible to cover the most water.

not that im condoning their actions, or anything like that.

just throwing that out there

That goes without saying.

If 80% Of the folks down there casting can share the water with the boats, why can't the other 20%? Some of these guys will speed retrieve so they can get a second shot in. Most boats will give a wide berth either out of courtesy or fear; there's no need for target practice.

I too am not sure I am getting this . you shared the water with them all day..are you saying you fished within casting distance of them all day long?

Not necessarily. When boats fish the river, they may pass the pier every 15-20 minutes if they are fishing the mouth as well. The pier is only about 80' long but you have no choice but to pass it coming in and out of the river.

You don't have much choice at that location Terry as it's right at the mouth of the Thames where it empties into LSC.

Because of the narrow channel boats have to come somewhat close to the shore and rather than letting them through without hassling the boaters, a few of the shore anglers like to be jerks and toss their baits as close as possible.

without a doubt, the guy should not be throwing baits at the guys in the boat...

however

who has the right to fish there or more rights the guy in the boat or the guy on shore..I don't know...

I do know the way I handle things...if I am the first on on the spot fishing I feel I have the most rights

so if I am first and on a boat , then the guy on shore needs to pull his bait each time I troll by

if the guy on shore was first I would move the boat as much as I could away from the guy and speed up to get away from him..

however if it was me and a guy was fishing from shore first, I would indeed go somewhere else....

a boat navigating through the area has the right ,but I do not feel that applies to a guy fishing from a boat and a guy fishing from a boat has to give way to a boat navigating through the area..

I don't know the details but I don't get it from what has been said....might be one of those things that you have to be there to get it..

I never got the Blair witch movie either so......

If there was lots of room Terry, it wouldn't be a problem but it's just not like that. The water on the east side of the channel is quite shallow so all boats have to move tighter to the west side where the shore casters are. As Brian said, most of the guys are good and will hold off on their cast if a boat is trolling thru, but a few just like to cause problems.

A bit of give and take goes a very long ways sometimes.

This was not a problem 4 years ago. Yes there was a lot of people fishing there but the last 3 years there are some axe bags that try to splash or hit boats.

When most boats pass by they are 1/2 way across the river but the baits still keep getting chucked out there. Now there are some boats that go to close on purpose just like there are ones who make the extra long cast to be jerks.

Like everything there are good and bad. But in the end if a boat is passing by give them a break.

yeah I was typing while he was posting so I didn't see his reply, he did explain that

On most days its just a minor issue and there are some inconsiderate boaters out there too... Running planer boards in the river, chasing a large muskie around the river in a 20' pontoon boat shouting "it's okay, I know what I'm doing. I just using light gear!" Ahhh good times.

without a doubt, the guy should not be throwing baits at the guys in the boat...

however

who has the right to fish there or more rights the guy in the boat or the guy on shore..I don't know...

I do know the way I handle things...if I am the first on on the spot fishing I feel I have the most rights

so if I am first and on a boat , then the guy on shore needs to pull his bait each time I troll by

if the guy on shore was first I would move the boat as much as I could away from the guy and speed up to get away from him..

however if it was me and a guy was fishing from shore first, I would indeed go somewhere else....

a boat navigating through the area has the right ,but I do not feel that applies to a guy fishing from a boat and a guy fishing from a boat has to give way to a boat navigating through the area..

I don't know the details but I don't get it from what has been said....might be one of those things that you have to be there to get it..

I never got the Blair witch movie either so......

I gotta say I agree with you completely Terry... but like you said we weren't there and don't know the details.

I for one will likely take flak from others here, but I get buzzed quite often by guys in boats zooming past shore where I might be tossing spoons. They see me and don't seem to care that they are impeding my ability to fish. I typically fish the headwaters of Lake O tribs, so I'm not a typical pier fisherman. If someone in a boat was impeding my ability to fish from shore (especially if I was there before them), I will kindly ask them to find another spot, as they have a much easier time doing so and also considering the fact I was there first. If they continued to impede my ability to fish, I would have no problem tying on a old garbage spoon and huck it towards their boat. Sometimes people don't listen until they are being inconvenienced in the same way.

As far as the screw in the tire goes. Sucks that you got a flat, but I don't see the point in making accusations and the like without proof. It is quite easy to get a screw in a sidewall and I would chalk it up to a bad coincidence. Why not just say that you went out fishing and a person fishing from shore was irritated that you caught some fish just out of his reach?

Positivity breeds positivity...