Finally a Trout Report

Spiel

...Well I finally found a few hours to get out to a local creek for some trout action. No this is not a steelie report but rather a speckie report. This stream I've been fishing for several years now typically coughs up plenty of fat specks in the 12" to 17" range. But as in previous years when the opener is cold and water temps have yet to reach 50 degrees the fishing can be painfully slow. And it was slow, my buddy and I only managed to land three fish with two lost in the two hours we fished tonight. I will however endeavour to get back after the warm weekend (if it happens?) time permiting and try to improve on the numbers. :D

In the mean time here's the a few pictures of the creek and the fish....

gallery_9_87_88350.jpg

It's a tough little creek to fish !

gallery_9_87_75772.jpg

Snags are quite common.

gallery_9_87_40754.jpg

But the rewards are well worth it as seen here in my buddies hand.

gallery_9_87_42632.jpg

Some times well worth it :clapping:

As for me well I couldn't by a speck but I did get this little beauty....

gallery_9_87_84501.jpg

and I now know where his mama his hiding ;)

Hey Spiel...at least you got out there...the fact that the conditions haven't been great shows that you guys know what you are doing out there to get what you did manage to catch! Good report and pics...you'll get more another day....and they'll be there waiting....

Edited by ccmtcanada

....Thanks all. It truly is a gem of a creek considering it's close proximity to my house and that my buddies house backs onto the creek. :D

and Tony I'd like to tell you but..........................................................................