Maybe the bear wanted chipmonks

lew

We went into town this afternoon at 4:00 and got home at 5:30 and when I pulled into the driveway I noticed the eavestrough at the side door was pulled apart. I went for a better look and saw several holes in it plus scratches and the trough was actually torn nearly in half. The teeth marks are 1/4" in diameter so I'm just assuming it was one of the many bears around here.

We've got plenty of chipmunks here too and I often see them going into the trough and I'm guessing to get a drink, so perhaps Mr. Bruin saw one go in there and decided he wanted a little snack.

Anyways, I took a couple pics incase anyones interested.

This is the way I found it

003-17.jpg

This pic shows the crushed & torn trough with the teeth marks that went right thru and out the other side.

004-17.jpg

There's a dozen giant trout heads in lew's down spout, Mike and I had bets on how long it would take a bear to rip it apart :) :)

A stunt only our mutual friends would do, just kidding. Ask Mike about John Kerr and Dave Fernie! Lew not to kill your thread it was a bear. BillM has never fished the Kowarthas lol.

A good friend of mine in Alberta once called the local police to tell them he had a bear problem. They told him to fix the problem....End of story.

Lew I would invest in a 12 gauge and get a box of shells with rock salt and see if that scares him off...

There's a couple hunters on the road that are gonna see what they can do.

Good choice Lew.

You should still have some kind of plan "B" though until the hunters take care of business just so you can protect your wife and family members if there is ever an instance in the meanwhile..Seems like the problem bear is getting a little to cocky for comfort.

Bearskin rug in front of the woodstove and bear stew for dinner. This one is getting bold and needs to be dealt with. OPP and MNR kinda washed their hands of problem bears so it is up to you. You can try a 12 guage loaded with beans or rock salt OR a 3inch slug. I'd try the first option. Don't mess with it Lew, they are sure cute and cuddly looking but they are a wild and ornery animal.