Great day on the lake with good friends

fishnsled

The day started off at the break of dawn in hopes of getting a fish or two. Never having fished Lake O this late in the year I had no idea what to expect other then lots of laughs with a couple of good buds. We were on the water with the lines down to watch a beautiful sunrise.

P1000920.jpg

P1000921.jpg

We started in tight and marked some scattered bait and a couple of fish but no takers. We trolled our way out to some deeper water and every time I was thinking of pulling the lines to head deeper we'd start marking a few fish, but still no takers. Finally at 10am the fish alarm must have went off and woke them up. First fish was a small rainbow but at least we were not skunked. Shortly after that another fish on and Rubin is up. Great fight and an amazing jump about 15' behind the boat, cleared at least 3ft of water but shortly afterwards the hook popped out and Rubin had set his trend for the day. (losing fish that is) Tom was up next with another small bow boated followed by a nice one for me of about 8 pounds. Rubin is back up and loses another, followed by Tom with another nice catch. For some reason we never took any pics of those fish.

Feeling bad for Rubin we decided to just let him take the next fish, which of course he lost. We trolled for a while and a rod fires, wasn't going to allow Rubin to lose it, so I grabbed it and brought this beauty to the boat.

WillChinookfix.jpg

After the picture was taken another rod goes off and Tom brings in this nice one.

P1000926.jpg

After the picture is taken a 3 rod goes off and Rubin is up.....and yes....he lost another fish. :whistling::rolleyes: While I set up the 3 rods back up, all Tom and I can do is laugh at Rubin's fish catching abilities or lack of. :jerry: After getting all set up again another rod goes and the fish is off before you could blink an eye, must of thought Rubin was up and didn't want to waste any time getting off. :rofl2:

It certainly was a beauty day on the water, barely a breeze and what rain we saw was all on shore while we stayed dry on the lake

P1000933.jpg

Set up looks pretty good to me as the old kicker keeps pushing us along.

P1000927.jpg

Endofthedayrotate.jpg

We trolled for quite some time, working the area but could not seem to get another bite once the clouds moved in. Changed baits, depths, speed, to no avail. Tom and I were quite happy with the results of our day but mister sourpuss Rubin was well....not so much pleased with his efforts after losing 5 fish. :P We decide it was time to call it a day and I start to pull the lines in. Rubin can't wait it seems to get off the water and wants to helping with reeling in the lines. I tell him to leave the rods alone and drive the boat, Joe knows how well he can do that. :sarcasm: I grab the last rod and hold onto it saying "I want to feel the hit!" and about 2 seconds later BAM! FISH ON!! Hit like a freight train and peeling out line. B) Rubin thinks I'm kidding him at first but is willing to take the rod as I reluctantly pass the rod over to him knowing full well he would somehow find a way to lose it. :lol: After a a great battle, Rubin redeems himself with this beauty and I'm going to say our only coho of the day.(Did I pass Joey? :D)

P1000932.jpg

A fantastic end to a great day on the water. It's been a fantastic time on Lake O this year! Learned lots and had a terrific time with some great people over the summer. Thanks Rubin and Tom for the laughs and a great time on the water. :good:

Now I wonder if I can pull myself away from Lady O to zing the bling I bought from Handlebarz this week anytime soon.....beauty baits Mike!! :)

Great report, fish and pics Will :thumbsup_anim: At least Rubin had a perfect record before hooking his first :sarcasm: and what a brut B):thumbsup_anim: Congrats :clapping:

The big pond looked pretty calm from what I see in the pics :good: Loved pic #5, mirror like conditions B) Got to love that :)

Again great job to all involved and thanks for sharing your adventures with us!!!

Jacques

I got a call at home on Saturday afternoon at around 1:00pm... tales of wow for our friend Rubin. I immediately called his home and told his wife to get the chicken out of the freezer cause there wasn't going to be fish on the menu that night!LMAO!

Thanks for the report Will and god love ya for letting Rubin long release those fish... and yes, I was jealous as I would have much preferred laughing at Rubin's mis-fortune, then cooking for the 40 people I had at my house that evening!

HH

Troll south Will lol

Another great Lake O outing (at least for most of you) !!!!

It was a troll south with a dog leg to the west, and a 180 to the east, and back north. Caught fish going in all directions. ;)

Great stuff Will!! When we going :lol:

Just say when Frank and we'll set it up.

Did you get rained on Joe? Knowing your cooking I should have crashed the party. :)

Thanks for the replies everyone.

Good stuff Will, some big fish and beautiful scenery to go along with them.

Pretty nice way to spend a day.

A great way to spend the day Lew but I think it's time to start targeting the muskies again. Those silver things have kept me away from all of my usually haunts this summer, might be time to sell the bass gear. :D

Very cool Will, never fished the big water this late trolling for the silvers.

ps. I have shirts your friends can borrow, if they dare.

I'm sure they would dare Phil, it's just getting that much colder out now. Flurries for cottage country this weekend, as per the radio this morning. :o

Edited by fishnsled