Cut your lure to save a musky?

Handlebarz

Ok So I was thinking that over the last bunch of years I have cut up many of my own lures to save a musky just last Sunday I had a 42" swallow my double 10 and the hook was just to far for my Knipex cutters to get at it. Once again I cut the wire shaft and pulled the bait out with it out of the way, I was then easily able to get the treble hook out.

I know many would not do this because it will ruin at $20+ lure so I am going to offer a free rebuild to any of my handlebarz musky lures if you have to cut it up to save a musky.If you live local or are passing by Chatham shoot me a email and stop in I can rebuild it using the parts form the lure you cut up just save all the parts, if you cut up the hook after cutting the wire shaft to save the musky I will replace it and the split ring along with the wire shaft so your not out of a lure. Please dont bring in each cut hook for a replacement this is to have your complete lure rebuilt not just cut hooks which is normal for musky fishing.

I can also bring my tools out fishing with me if your going to be out I dont mind taking the time on the ramp or out on the water its all I could do to give back for someone that took the time to save a musky.

If you live father away and want to ship it here I will re build it but all the shipping cost will be covered by yourself.

Blazin Walleye from last week

5e39be75.jpg

Clown from a 47" last fall

a64b169f.jpg

Edited by Mike P.

generous offer Mike

and to those of you too far and/or not willing to ship, cutting a blade bait apart and re-using the components on a brand new shaft and rebending the wire is pretty simple thing to do if you keep some straight wire, pliers and perhaps vise grips onhand. I've done it a few times in the boat.. few minutes and you have a new bait.

Edited by Raf

Thanks all

Raf your right its easy to rebuild or get it back to some kind of working order I have done the same on the water its nice to be able to cut and rebuild and get fishing again.

Oh I did have to edit due to a couple questions that were asked of me sorry I'm not a lawyer when I wrote this offer up I did it with my own brain and skill of writing sorry for the confusion a couple had this offer does not pertain to cut hooks only. If you cut your hook off and replace it please dont ask me to ship a hook what I mean is if you have to cut the bait to the point you can not use it and all the pieces fall off the shaft then you cut the hook I will gladly give you a new one when I rebuild the whole lure not every time you cut a hook off just take one from your supply bag and put it on.

Any way thanks for the kind words all Im off to bed now to dream of getting out fishing soon again.