Road Trip to Oklahoma???

I wonder how many people have lost pets that thought they just ran away from home.

Would like to see what they find inside that thing. Maybe Jimmy Hoffa.

Sure wouldnt be dangling my toes off the end of the dock on that Lake.

Hookset

I think I would want that thing..dead, shot, beheaded, gutted, shot again, then roped..then maybe I might bring it onto my boat...

Judging by the Compound bows in the 1st picture, I'd say they got the "shot" part done.

You might be the first person to ever suggest actually going TO Oklahoma.

If you want to whet your teeth on gar, you should start with GBay. There is schools of four footers there and I don't think they could bite your entire hand off. They are however very hard to catch. I've bonked tons of them on the head with every lure & bait imaginable and only ever got one up to the boat and that was a fluke with a worm and a hook (and he spit the hook as soon as he was boatside which honestly, was fine by me).

i think they do eat them, or at least sell the meat off them..

if this is wrong i'll remove the link, but a guy from work sent this to me a while ago, they have videos of fishing gar with a bow and arrow... i know they used to have free video samples on their site..

www.garguys.com

From the photos there it almost looks like they hook them first then shoot them with a Bow. Sorry guys that seems wrong to me on so many levels.

Neither fishing or hunting. Might as well go down to your local Zoo and shoot them in the cages.

Wow I really get tired of all the high and mighty talk on these boards. I'm sure this fish was taken by a legal method according to oklahoma conservation dept. regulations. These departments are set up to protect the wildlife, so If according to them it is legal everyone else should get over it, and leave these guys alone

Not high and mighty just "my" opinion I even said sorry before I typed it. I did some searching and these Alligator Gar seem to be close to endangered not sure how old that info was though.

I follow the laws and respect most of them but I don't agree with alot of them so just because it is the law doesn't make it right from a moral view point in this case it is my view nothing more. Some one busted for serious Piracy for instance can do more real time in jail than a pedophile or a bank robber.

As above differen't strokes for differen't folks. No biggie.