Nicknames for Bass, Pike, Walleye

rhymobot

Off the top of my head I can think of these ones but out of curiosity what are others you've heard?

Largemouth:

largie

bucketmouth

emeraldback

Smallmouth:

smallie

bronzeback

Pike:

snot rocket

hammer handle

northern

pikey

Walleye:

wally

walter

ol' glass eye

Off the top of my head I can think of these ones but out of curiosity what are others you've heard?

Largemouth:

largie

bucketmouth

emeraldback

Smallmouth:

smallie

bronzeback

Pike:

snot rocket

hammer handle

northern

pikey

Walleye:

wally

walter

ol' glass eye

Eye-walleye

Gold-walleye

Walleyes in the BUFFALO, NY area have always been known as "Yellow Pike" .....some restaurants/TAVERNS still serve them on their Friday Fish Fry and they are still listed as "Yellow Pike" and demand a premium over the haddock fish fry.

Careful now, we all know that another name for muskellunge could be: Nancy fish that takes 30 minutes to recover from a 5 minute fight, and if you don't follow a 67 point check list for handling and photos you'll be flamed by a guy who has read "a lot" about muskies (but has never caught one).

;)

Perch= Ringbacks

Drum = Sheephead = Sheepshead (hate that one)

Salmon = zombie/boot/spermgun and this one i just learned from hanging out on a canadian fishing forum....Roe Wagon!

Trout = Troot (another one i learned here over the years hehe)

Walleye = Marble Eye/ Yellow

Careful now, we all know that another name for muskellunge could be: Nancy fish that takes 30 minutes to recover from a 5 minute fight, and if you don't follow a 67 point check list for handling and photos you'll be flamed by a guy who has read "a lot" about muskies (but has never caught one).

;)

:rofl2::tease:

and if you don't follow a 67 point check list for handling and photos you'll be flamed by a guy who has read "a lot" about muskies (but has never caught one).

;)

Lot's of those guys around here Rob !!

Musty......errrrr.....also know as a musky...must·y (m s t ). adj. must·i·er, must·i·est. 1. Stale or moldy in odor or taste. 2. a. Hackneyed or trite; dull. b. Out of date; antiquated. c. Out of use or practice; rusty...either way nothing good to eat at the end of the day..... :whistling: