Rich and Patsy Lakair 2012

Rich Clemens

Well, we booked our annual trip to Lakair while we were there last year. Hoping for another great time with all the OFC'rs. As we approached our time, it looked like nobody would be able to make it this year. :( However, as we had our reservations, we were going anyway, but would be a lonely week. What a great surprise that Lew and Dian booked and were coming up and then Paul and Joey for several days. Dan said he would stop by for a day. So, we had us our own mini get-together and we had a great time.

We made the 11 hour trip on Friday. By the time we unpacked, got settled in, we were quite tired. Set out for a bit of pike fishing near camp, but nothing was caught. We were really looking forward to Saturday as that was opening day of musky - and the arrival our our friends. Headed out Saturday am to the West Bays in hopes of latching into a nice Lakair Musky. All dead quiet that first morning other than the odd aggressive small pike. Headed back into camp around lunch time with Lew and Dian arriving. Paul and Joey arrived a short time later. Thus, starts the mini OFC GTG at Lakair this year.

Sunday turned out to be a rain day with off and on rain, and a few down-pours along the way. Things were looking a bit nasty and we headed back to camp. Just coming past Tombstone island, she just let loose with a torrential downpour. So bad, we had to stop as I could not see where we were going. Not the kind of water to be messing/guessing with. Overall, we had great weather with the occassional late afternoon/evening thunderstorm mixed in. Wednesday and Thursday saw some pretty windy conditions and some nice rollers out in the bay. We fished in the morning and remained in camp the rest of those days. Spent many an afternoon over at Lew/Dian's cabin, just hanging out, chatting, and admiring the fantastic view up there. Thursday evening we dinner with Lew and Dian, which was a real treat.

We were very happy to have the company of good friends for the week and catching up with, even for a brief period. We're already booked for the musky opener next year. Cabin 9 again.

Ok, everyone wants a few pictures, so we'll see how this works out. New laptop and all. Still trying to figure this thing out. The old way of downloading pics onto the OFC media center kept giving me errors during the upload, so I switched over to a photobucket account. Here she goes.

We'll start with some scenery shots I took. Such a beautiful part of Ontario.

Shot from our cabin.

P10102212.jpg?t=1340538303

Couple other shots:

P10102102Small.jpg?t=1340538302

P10101752Small.jpg?t=1340538302

Sunday's rain storms:

P10102002Small.jpg?t=1340538302

OFC'rs: Paul and Joey

P10101482Small.jpg?t=1340538301

OFC'rs: Lew and Dian

P10101542Small.jpg?t=1340538301

I guess this is why he is a boxer.

P10101552Small.jpg?t=1340538301

Our "Mini" GTG:

P10101582Small.jpg?t=1340538301

Alright .. Alright. Here's your fish pictures.

P10101402Small.jpg?t=1340538300

P10101692Small.jpg?t=1340538301

A nice 45" musky:

P10101612Small.jpg?t=1340538301

Patsy got a couple shots at the release:

P10101682Small.jpg?t=1340538301

Ok. One final one. This one was caught Sunday am during all the rain. I actually hooked into two muskies that day, but one took a hard dive under the boat and I lost her. However, this nice 49" girl stopped in to say hello. The 49" went very well, throwing the hooks while inside the next and she took off right away after the release.

P10101412Small.jpg?t=1340538300

That's it until our two week trip to the French River in September. Lakair 2013 - Here we come.

Edited by Rich Clemens

It was definetely a very enjoyable week Rich and as always, it was great spending so much time with you & Patsy and thanks again for dinner.

Can't wait to get back up in a few more weeks.

Excellent report Rich, I was waiting for this :thumbsup_anim:

Was great seeing you two again and was kinda nice to have a mini G2G. We had a great time and it was very relaxing.

See you next year :clapping:

But if you don't mind, can you leave a few musky for the rest of us next time :rolleyes::lol:

Sounds like a fun week Rich. Sorry we couldn't be up there this year but wedding and family events got in the way. Congrat's on the two Muskies you are getting to be a pro! Say Hi to Patsy for Barbara and me.

Great report Rich and Patsy! So glad you had a good time. I think you must have broken the secret code to get into those muskies. You worked hard enough at it, you deserve every fish you get.

About the bird taking flight on the side of the road to hit your vehicle...did you stop and take a look at the side of the road? He might have left a note. :)

Thanks for the report, Rich. A really nice Show and tell indeed.

• 2 weeks later...

Well it took me a while to get a reply back to you Rich, but I hadn't forgot, I'm just a wee bit slow. ;)

Great report and some awesome pictures including some great musky, congratulations, well done Sir! clapping.gif

It still pains me to have missed you and Patsy this year as well as the rest of the gang, hopefully next year will see my return.

Well it took me a while to get a reply back to you Rich, but I hadn't forgot, I'm just a wee bit slow. ;)

Great report and some awesome pictures including some great musky, congratulations, well done Sir! clapping.gif

It still pains me to have missed you and Patsy this year as well as the rest of the gang, hopefully next year will see my return.

Brighter days ahead my friend. :thumbsup_anim: