The Long And Winding Road To Back Country Brook Trout

solopaddler

Hey Mike, is that an Elite-tech River Runner laying across the gunwales while Jason fights the fish? I'd like to hear your thoughts on the rod if you get a chance.

Yes indeed. It's 7'2" rated 4-8lb.

So far I love it. It performs as well as any of the higher end Loomis rods I fish with and in fact has better fittings.

The titanium frame SIC guides on that rod are worth more than what I paid for it.

The only issue will be durability in the long term, but with a lifetime warranty I'm not really worried.

If there could possibly be even the slightest criticism, because the handle is shorter than most the rod feels a teeny bit tip heavy, but I doubt most anglers would even notice that.

I'm pretty sure with the shorter stiffer jigging rods that issue wouldn't exist anyway.

Highly recommended, I'll be getting a couple more myself!

It,s places like that, I dream about ever attending. That one spot you mentioned ,MOOSE,you got that right.

Enjoyed the vid very much Mike. Thanks for taking the time to share.

Kudos to Jason,for hook,n up with you and making your adventure,that much more easier,with the transportation. :canadian:

Another great report Mike. As a 70 year old fisherman, I feel quite lucky to be a member of this board and to be able to live wilderness adventures vicariously through your reports/videos. Thanks for sharing.

Grinning ear to ear and humming that little diddy the whole way through Mike.

"THAT'S intense concentration."

"I'm a little freaked out right now."

"My singing repels every living creature."

Man... you were cracking me up.

Have enjoyed your reports from the first one, when you left me speechless and mapping out your most epic Albany adventure. This video was a great first for ya!

Really fun edit, and good on you for taking the time to document a trip that not many of us will get to take. I imagine the trout were even sweeter considering the adventure in getting to them, I can just imagine that first bite! Looks like an amazing time, thanks for sharing.