Been working on the boat...new floors...improvements.

Nice work Cliff! and nice Tiller!!

How much could the Kia pull?

Thanks! The tiller keeps things more open in a little 14 footer. If my next boat is longer, then I may have to think about going to a console...we'll see. lol

The Kia Spectra was rated at 1000 lbs for towing. It was more the tongue weight...in order to tow it comfortably, I had to move the floor to the back of the boat. Even then, the suspension just isn't made to tow.

nice job.. the 30 will push that just fine (i'd guess about 25-27mph with two guys) and the v6 will pull it just fine. :)

That sounds about right Raf. Got up on plane fast and cruised along quite nicely. I didn't add much weight to the boat...mostly replaced old plywood.

That looks flippin awesome Cliff, excellent job! Looking forward to seeing some pics of fish in the boat now. Great stuff!

Thanks! Cant wait to get it out on the water now!

Looks awesome Cliff except you put the trolling motor on the wrong side.....:whistling: I have a feeling I know why you did it that way. ;)

That boat is fine with the extra weight, it moves very well with 2 guys, gear and wood floor. Can't remember what it did on the gps last year, will have to test it out again soon.

LOL Will...I went to mount it the other way and realized the wiring wouldn't reach! Thanks for all your help!

Edited by ccmt

I was thinking the same thing. I may pick up a fixer-upper and drop it off at chateau cliff and pick it up in a few days. :w00t:

LOL...just so you know, it was more than a few days. I usually had 30 minute to the odd hour to work on it. Started this job over a month ago! :w00t:

great job Cliff......

What did you use to water seal the plywood?

Thanks! The name of the game was to do this job as cheap as possible and structurally sound. I had a full can of Thompson's Water Seal left over from sealing my deck so I used that. I also used an outdoor carpet adhesive. The most expensive things were the stainless steel screws, locking nuts and bolts!

Edited by ccmt