Tell me why,I like Mondays.

misfish

First off to those it may concern,there are no back ground shots. :whistling:

So why do I like Mondays,,,,,,,,,,,,

You get about 10 miles of winding river to yourself. :thumbsup_anim:

Not the bestest day for catching,but there was some catching done.Of many sorts I must add.LOL

We had some rain last night(one good down pour) and was not sure how far south this storm started, so check the updated chart this morning and it was perfect.Slight rise.

I parked the truck at 6am and make the trek. Boy was the wind kicking this morning,trees making lots of cricking and cracking.Even though it was +3,it felt like -8 at times.

My walk was greeted by two nice deer that I spooked. There was lots of drumming going on by the male grouse in the area.There was one that so loud,you would think he was right in front of you.Beautiful sound.

Anyhoo,get to the water and start fishing.Two or three drifts in, I get hit and it,s a little wee fella.Quickly in and let go.New bait hooked up,and again,I get hit.Another wee fella.I like to get hits,but getting around 14 of these little guys,sure makes my roe tying time not really rewarding.LOL

They sure were aggressive this morning.It a great sign though for this river.

Hungery little fella aint he,,,,I thought the eye was really cool.Shaped like a tear drop.

012-2.jpg

It was time to move on,I had enough fun with them. During my walks from spot to spot,I looked for any sign of fiddle head growth. It,s not even close as you can see.

008-1.jpg

I got to my second last spot and looked real nice.Some fast moving water with frog water deep pool.Took a few drifts,then it happen,,,,,,,,,Yep,snagged.I give the ole heave hoe and it come out.Love my 8pd Maxima. Low and behold,I get to add to my hook and bait count.LOL

Pay no mind to the colour of that mess,it dosent work. :whistling::tease:

013-1.jpg

So check for and abbrassion in the line,all good to go,except had to replace the bent out hook. Get all tied up and make a drift.

Now this is one crazy happing.I tossed the float out,it starts it,s drift, when all of a sudden this gust of wind lifts my line and the float is starting to lift off the water :w00t: . Just as the float starts to rise up,wham, down goes the float and the fight is on.That was so frigg,n cool. Took a few minutes to get her under control,lots of leeping/runs.Was awesome to watch. I have been getting use to bigger fish,(ya know, shes not what many would call big)but she had a fight in her.She had done her duty up river :thumbsup_anim: and guess she,ll be back in the main lake very soon.

I used my cell for this pic,it was handy,and wanted to get her back in fast.

006.jpg

The last spot didnt produce,so made my way back to the truck.

I came accross this pretty cool tree formation laced with green growth.Thought how it would make a cool rod holder. :dunno:B)

009-1.jpg

Well till next time.

Thanks for reading.

Still a bit early for the fiddlers, I'm thinking maybe towards the end of this week if it warms up. I also want to look for wild garlic around the same area, ,maybe get lucky.

Thanks

Hey Ryan,their not yours,total dif area. :tease:

Johnny,anytime.

Erich,there,s been frost every morning the past 3 days, except today. Even the sand/muddy banks, are froze til the sun gets to it.Im thinking from what I seen,7 days best.I have looked for this wild garlic,havent seen any.Think it,s a french thing. :sarcasm:;)

Sure wish you would come out one time Terry. Like I said,I got a set up for ya. I guess since it,s boating time,yer be boating now. :oops::good:

Im boatless,but having a blast. :worthy:

Edited by Misfish

Thanks

H

Sure wish you would come out one time Terry. Like I said,I got a set up for ya. I guess since it,s boating time,yer be boating now. :oops::good:

Im boatless,but having a blast. :worthy:

well come May 1st I will be living in Alliston for a while maybe I can get out with you

But Brian, Wednesdays always fish better...Always :D

As far as your custom rod goes, it's already been field tested by me to ensure it meets Mikey's seal of approval...It was Christened today on a tumor covered sucker from the Don river :thumbsup_anim:

Great pics :)

But Brian, Wednesdays always fish better...Always :D

As far as your custom rod goes, it's already been field tested by me to ensure it meets Mikey's seal of approval...It was Christened today on a tumor covered sucker from the Don river :thumbsup_anim:

Great pics :)

:P

Thats ok. I hear next Tuesday will be prime. :good:

Solo,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :P to you too. LOL

When he gets there to pick it up, give him a beer...put it on my tab, Chris. :) Also, you might wanna show Brian how to place that masterpiece in the truck not to snap the tip. I know he'll love dat rod.