My new toy

Nipfisher

Picked this up off of kijiji today here in North Bay. It has the oar locks but they were not in the pictures. Sells for $365 + taxes at Canadian Tire Kenai but I only paid $95. Woooohoooo!:Gonefishing:

pontoon3.jpg

pontoon2.jpg

pontoon1.jpg

Anyone have one of these?

Best part is...seller told me 2 excellent pike/walleye spots where he has used this that I never knew of. BONUS

Edited by Nipfisher

Good deal!!!

I don't have one of those but with that seat it's got to be really light and easy to pack into those back lakes. ;)

I have an ODC 816 which is similar and very light.

I also have a Fishcat Cougar which is a much better built cat but alot heavier and not good for hike in spots.

where the hell do you put the motor?

Says it is not rated for a motor but I'm thinking a piece of 2x6 held on by u-bolts will change that. Battery is tougher though. It will hold 350 lbs. I'm 180lbs so with 28# thrust min Kota and battery I can still do it.

Says it is not rated for a motor but I'm thinking a piece of 2x6 held on by u-bolts will change that. Battery is tougher though. It will hold 350 lbs. I'm 180lbs so with 28# thrust min Kota and battery I can still do it.

I would put that motor on it too

it's one thing to paddle around all day but you get a wind blowing at you on the way home and it's nice to kick the trolling motor on and relax

Cant wait till ya give a review Blair. been thinking about something like that for a couple of small lakes round here. Gonna fit a fishfinder to that too?

Gonna Try Simon. Want to put a plank across the front for my old Humminbird Wide 100 and a rod holder so I can troll.

No motor mount for that bad boy? I've got one on my pontoon.. Strap a 30lb Endura to the back, strap a battery on it and I'm in business!

Gonna try on the back bar Bill. My old MinnKota 28lbs has a telescopic hande so I'm thinking it will work. More worried about the battery weight.

Got a picture of yours? I'd love to see it.

I've had a pontoon kickboat for some time and I would say that a trolling motor/battery on that boat would be problematic. Too heavy by quite a bit. Trolling motors are pretty much a waste of time anyway particularly if you can attach a rodholder that would allow you to troll from spot to spot. You will find that moving around your lakes will produce as much as honey holes particularly if there are pike, trout, salmon, walleye and bass in your fishing lexicon. All those species respond well to trolling, frequently better than cast and retrieve. In the end you will also find that a)fish in small lakes quickly become conditioned to trolling motors and running them will actually shut the fish down. I find this to be the case when I fish some of the local impoundments where rental tinnies powered by trolling motors come near me. B) At some point it is likely that you will come to appreciate the tranquility of manpower over horsepower in any sort of truly natural environment C) I think you might also come to appreciate the stress relief that comes from gentle exercise that comes from rowing. Your fitness level will improve in about the most painless and pleasurable way possible if you allow yourself the effort of rowing around for hours on end rewarding yourself with some great angling moments.

I've had a pontoon kickboat for some time and I would say that a trolling motor/battery on that boat would be problematic. Too heavy by quite a bit. Trolling motors are pretty much a waste of time anyway particularly if you can attach a rodholder that would allow you to troll from spot to spot. You will find that moving around your lakes will produce as much as honey holes particularly if there are pike, trout, salmon, walleye and bass in your fishing lexicon. All those species respond well to trolling, frequently better than cast and retrieve. In the end you will also find that a)fish in small lakes quickly become conditioned to trolling motors and running them will actually shut the fish down. I find this to be the case when I fish some of the local impoundments where rental tinnies powered by trolling motors come near me. B) At some point it is likely that you will come to appreciate the tranquility of manpower over horsepower in any sort of truly natural environment C) I think you might also come to appreciate the stress relief that comes from gentle exercise that comes from rowing. Your fitness level will improve in about the most painless and pleasurable way possible if you allow yourself the effort of rowing around for hours on end rewarding yourself with some great angling moments.

I understand all of those great points. It is designed to be rowed..and for stealth fishing..but I still want to try and pimp it out.

Gonna try on the back bar Bill. My old MinnKota 28lbs has a telescopic hande so I'm thinking it will work. More worried about the battery weight.

Got a picture of yours? I'd love to see it.

I only use the battery/trolling motor when fishing back lake for specs, or if there are long stretches of unproductive water on any of the rivers I float. No issues with weight distribution either, pontoon holds 450lbs, never been close to the weight limit, lol! Mine's in the rear, you can see the motor mount in the pic.

IMG_1886.jpg

I have an 8' pontoon, handy for those semi-rough accessible lakes but still use a float tube for the harder to hike to lakes...and is a blast when you have a group of buddies to leave a truck down river and start upstream

my model has an anchor lock that doubles as a trolling motor mount, no issues with weight with a battery, the battery helps to balance and sit me level. If i'm rowing for the day(no trolling motor or battery) I find my rig leans forward on me, so i added spacers under the front seat bolts so i sit level. If i'm strictly using the trolling motor I'll use a 9" bracket to raise the seat, easier for casting and less glare sitting higher

even when you're rowing it's nice to have a set of flippers so you can control the boat when you're drifting lakes and keep your hands free for fishing

photo.JPG