Lures I won't leave home without

krixxer

My homemade hatchet blade spinnerbaits and a good selection of Rapala floating, jointed, and husky jerks. Yellow perch and firetiger are the producers for me.

If I had to pick just one it would be my 1/4oz. spinnerbait, I can fish pretty much any water with that for bass, pike, muskie, and incidental walleye.

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

i thought i had a pretty good sense of humour about it? i even made a play on words to go with the joke? pretty sure it isn't my sense of humour that's broken.

Since I've added a 2 bit comment I should try to add some value.

I almost always bring 2 tackle stores worth on a short half day trip, so limiting myself would be really difficult.

I like Leechman's breakdown.

top water: zara spook

mid depth (down to 12 feet or so): any number of rapalas, husky jerks, x-raps

deeper: deep taildancers and the mid depth ones on a three way

And always enough jigs to sink a battleship.

My first colour option is almost always "natural", that's me, but it is also about the clear waters that I tend to fish most often.

Edited by kickingfrog

.... My first colour option is almost always "natural", that's me, but it is also about the clear waters that I tend to fish most often.

Rob, you bring up a good point in colour selection... my preferred ones are: white, black and chartreuse and that's just me :)

One lure that is an oldie has been a consistent walleye producer for me over almost 50 years is the Canadian Wiggler, originally the 1 piece model in chrome but later the new jointed models have worked well in various colours eapecially on Erie for walleye and even spring salmon/trout trolling. price is reasonable and they are virtually indestructable too. :clapping:

What ever Frankie, we want to know what Juli wouldn't leave home without. :w00t:

Hee hee hee- I won't leave home without a big assortment of lures for those slow times when nothing else works (it kills time playing around if the action is slow, you know?!)... I always have my variety of pretty colours on my standard lures - and if all else fails, throw some pretty Yum on the end just for fun!

Ready to go into the boat almost EVERY time is a black box with some jigheads and various plastics. One could head out on the water to fish a species that they wouldn't be necessary, (ie, muskie, carp, gar..) but if the day goes to crud for those fish, there's always pannies, bass, maybe eyes and even trout in the waters. Having a small assortment of jigs and the ultralight packed has saved a few days in the past.

For me:

Bass

5 inch Senko in gren pumpkin w red fleck

Rapala X Rap XR8 - Hothead

Bomber Flat A naural crayfish

Plus:

Orange/Yellow Lindy Real Fish worm harness (walleye)

Dick Pearson Grinder 1 OZ spinnerbait - white anc chartreuse (muskie)

Its funny - a few people have hot n tots = every up North trip I have done the hot n tot has been the recommended bait for walleye (almost alwyes in fire tiger/perch) - I have 3 in my box and never caught a fish on them.

Anyone else had success with them? Going on a newe tri this year - and guess what is on the must bring lure - you guessed it hot n tots in firetiger