No Tax at Fishing World

Radnine

Hi all,

Not sure if this has been posted or not, but Fishing World in Hamilton has a no tax on everything sale until March 19th.

I have been hard on Fishing World in the past, but I think they might be trying to turn things around a bit (I actually talked to a guy that I liked in there last week. I wasn't made to feel like I was interruptingng a boys club meeting, nor was I made to feel like a moron for asking for something that I wanted instead of something the dude wanted me to have. Is there any chance they are finally getting it?)

Jim

Edited by Radnine

No tax is a good sale now?? Jeez, I nearly bought some hiking boots from wholesalesports.com that were 159 marked down from 450.

Cabelas.ca has winter jackets that are over 50percent off... Now those are sales.

Sorry to kinda jack your thread... I've never been to fishingworld, but that "boys club" thing would drive me out of the store very quickly. Hopefully they fixed that and hopefully they offer better sales than 13percent off :)

Edited by Rod Caster

Was at Fishing World yesterday. Picked up some great X-raps (2 for $10) 8 of them, which is a pretty good deal. However, keep in mind that the 'no tax' event doesn't apply to any of the 'specials' they already have on.

They have changed the layout of the floor, so it was like touring a new store. Just may still need some more of those X-raps! Also picked up some Terminator Titanium spinner baits which were on 2 for 1 (reg $10 ea.) I usually have good experiences there. Blake is definitely worth talking to.

Just go to Bill's Bait, their customer service is on a completely different level. When I lived in Hamilton I was about 5 minutes from Fishing World but I'd drive all the way to Bills - Greg and Tim have become good friends of mine over time.

I spend loads of money at Bill's, don't worry. And you are correct that Tim and Greg are the best, hands down, but the rod and reel selection at Fishing World rivals Bass Pro (especially if you somehow calculate the drive into equation), their prices are good (and great in some cases), and their lure selection and sales are more than decent.

Warts and all, it is worth a visit (IMHO)

Jim

Edited by Radnine

funny,i wont go there again because of those very reasons.i too live 5 min from there,and i once worked next to the place.but everytime i went in there,i came out with a sour experience.it was like i was bothering them by wanting to cash out.happen enough times i decided to stick to bills up the mountain.last year all i needed was a license and decided what the hell i'll just go to fishing world since its right there,bad move. i stood infront of the till for 5 min before someone asked if i needed anything,when i told them i needed a license that said oh ok,and that was it, the other dude just started serving people around me and after about 10 min of standing there i just walked out. ended up at bills and was in and out.

when i mention fishing world to friends they scoff and tell me things like, "its like im bothering them if i need something"

yeah,so i dont think ill be in for any of their sales lol.

bps and bills for me.

Wow I go there occasionally, love there selection of bass gear VERY up to date, but I also get the feeling "im not part of the club".

All I want when I go into a place is " Hey hows it going? can I help you?"

Maybe it comes from the feeling its very tournament oriented and if your not a tourney guy they think your just a weekend warrrior, not that its an excuse.

The new Grimsby tackle guy is great.

Best shop in the Golden Horseshoe hands down!

Martin has been doing great things with the store. Cant beat the slection of gear and the free food & coffee every Saturday

I noticed that there spring sale is April 10-14 and line spooling clinic is on the 14th, 1 cent/yard Triliene and 8 cents/yard Fireline

The new Grimsby tackle guy is great. The other guy was pretty miserable, I use to stay away because of it.

I still stay away because of it. I did not know that there was a new owner but was in there once before and found the guy to be a complete knob (Adrian I presume).

Jim

Thanks for the heads up on the Fishing World deal.

Best shop in the Golden Horseshoe hands down!

Martin has been doing great things with the store. Cant beat the slection of gear and the free food & coffee every Saturday

I noticed that there spring sale is April 10-14 and line spooling clinic is on the 14th, 1 cent/yard Triliene and 8 cents/yard Fireline

I would have to echo that sentiment fishdawg, I stopped in there before my trip to the Bay of Quinte last fall, and let's just say I was blown away at the selection of one of my favorite stickbaits. I don't even want to tell you guys they sell them, so I can keep the stock all to myself haha.

If you're wondering what lure it is, it's the Renosky Mirror Image stickbaits. I must have bought half the entire selection, some colours I had never even seen before w00t.gif They also work well for spring Kings, but with a hook upgrade (#4 Owner ST-41's)

They've always had a good selection of trolling gear for the salmon guys, and that has remained, but the service has improved with the new owner for sure.

Bills Bait and Tackle for me, every time you walk in the door you get a friendly Hello from Greg or Tim.

Fishing World........naw im not part of da club, never feel welcome there either, why do they seem to forget who got them through the last 25 years or so

I see these comments about Fishing World and don't get it. NEVER had this happen to me, nor have I seen it happen to anyone else. And I am most definitely NOT a tournament angler. Fishing World is a very well stocked store with lots of deals and a willingness to negotiate pricing on expensive items. I also agree that Bills is a great friendly store but it does not have the selection of Fishing World. Bottom line is that if you don't ask you might not get salesmen bowing and scraping for your attention but I for one am not the least bit shy of asking for somthing that I want. With that said I also don't like salespeople following me around as I browse a store.