unreliable source

bramptonjerry

only thing i could find on bass pro is this..

Charges of racial discrimination by the EEOC

On September 21, 2011, the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) filed suit against Bass Pro. According to the EEOC’s suit filed in U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas, Houston Division (Civil Action No. 4:11-CV-3425), Bass Pro has been discriminating in its hiring since at least November 2005. The EEOC’s suit alleges that qualified African Americans and Hispanics were routinely denied retail positions such as cashier, sales associate, team leader, supervisor, manager and other positions at many Bass Pro stores nationwide.

The lawsuit alleges that managers at Bass Pro stores in the Houston area, in Louisiana, and elsewhere made overtly racially derogatory remarks acknowledging the discriminatory practices, including that hiring black candidates did not fit the corporate profile or customer demographics.[44]

The EEOC also alleges that managers at some stores retaliated against employees who expressed opposition to discriminatory practices and may have either fired or forced the resignation of others.[45]

Bass Pro Shops issued a statement denying the allegations and maintaining that the company had cooperated fully with an EEOC investigation.[45]

I also heard from an employee an unusual item - apparently the Vaughn store was having a bit of cash flow trouble in this first quarter caused by the amount of gift card redemption due to high sales of same before Christmas - isn't that a bad place to be in! He was really worried about it too, my pointing out that they already had the money in hand didn't seem to calm him down one little bit. I didn't have the heart to ask him what he did there, too many variables in that answer for me! Oh to have millions in hand months before delivery....what a predicament! And the big spring sale hasn't started yet to boot! Wonder how many are holding their gift cards to use on that event! That'll drive the poor guy over the edge for sure. Personally I think they're here for the long haul - too much corporate backing to pack it in yet.

Michael

Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out. Good bye to good rubbish.

Last time I was there, I think there was only 3 people in the hole place. Maybe our money will stay here in Canada now. We've lost to much to the south. :good:

Edited by Fish Farmer

I think the Vaughn store is a pale shadow of the majority of US stores. I think that Canadians can actually get a better deal from the online BPS operation than our retail store. This is especially true since they lowered their shipping to Canada. Basically the Vaughn store does not carry most of the stuff I would want from Bass Pro Shops and really, their prices are out of line. That whole mall basically sucks IMO. Sail coming to Southern Ontario with 3 stores doesn't help either.