NHL trade deadline/ TML

muskymatt

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

i think you misunderstood what he meant matt. he was suggesting that pavel datsyuk plays the game on a higher level like gretz or #4, and i definitely agree with him.

Are you kidding me???

Reading you laff fans whine, cry and critize your team is like gold, catching a 50" muskie or getting some...maybe even better :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

Carry on! :w00t: :w00t:

But don't you see? That's what you're missing as a Sens fan...the passion.

i think you misunderstood what he meant matt. he was suggesting that pavel datsyuk plays the game on a higher level like gretz or #4, and i definitely agree with him.

Datsyuk absolutely, best skilled player in the game today, aside from maybe Crosby. Kessle isn't even in the same league and is NOT a well rounded player, his offensive game can be good at times(I'll give him that) but back checking, defensively and hitting, he's got a lot to do to fill those categories.

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

Doc, how has Burke set us back ?? I've asked that many times, and never gotten more than Kessel for picks.....um, POTENTIAL talent for proven talent, most agree it's a non issue. aside from Komi, he traded away dead weight, older players, to obtain young, fast talent. How does this set you back further than staying with status quo.

It's not like Burke walked into an all star team roster.

are we having a discussion now or are you just going to call the sens the senoritas and name call my response.

he has set you back by trying to rush a rebuild through free agency and the kessel trade. what has resulted is a mediocre hockey team with very little moveable assets, the most over-rated coach in the game, and no bonafide superstars in your prospect pool. in a few years, when all of burke's short term deals expire, and all you top picks play for boston, you'll see what i mean.

are we having a discussion now or are you just going to call the sens the senoritas and name call my response.

he has set you back by trying to rush a rebuild through free agency and the kessel trade. what has resulted is a mediocre hockey team with very little moveable assets, the most over-rated coach in the game, and no bonafide superstars in your prospect pool. in a few years, when all of burke's short term deals expire, and all you top picks play for boston, you'll see what i mean.

EXACTLY

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

it must suck that the first year of our rebuild, that was picked to finish near the bottom of the league, is ahead of you in the standings... i can see why that would make you bitter frenchriverkid.

Edited by Dr. Salvelinus

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

No point in worrying, I can't do anything to change the outcome :)

true enough. hahaha...

i've been trying to "WILL" my soo greyhounds to victory this year without much success...

don't believe me, check out the roster for the 2013-2014 toronto maple laffs, and try and fill in the blanks with your prospect pool...

http://www.thehockeygm.com/tor.html

ya cant go by that Doc..Comeon your a smart guy..The make-up of a team changes so much every year with movement. The only year any team has to worry about is the one they are playing in..That doesnt concern me at all..

like I said, Doc, YOU brought up Burkes handling of the leafs, so my response was directed at YOU.

As was my point, aside from the kessel trade, which was covered above, what has Burke done that hasn't been positive? going from avg age of 35-36 to current avg of what 23-25? adding upgrades to our team by getting rid of dead weight contracts from Fergusons days, please enlighten me.

yes the senoritas.

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

some of the best hockey around.

you haven't been watching the greyhounds!

i do however get to watch nail yakupov pummel my team, which is an honour in itself i guess.

i pick the plymouth whalers for the champs this year. sarnia, london, and niagara are all loaded with talent but plymouth has the skill, the goalie, and i can't see any team matching them physically in a 7 game series.

Actually Ottawa has 24yrs to catch up to the laffs record. By chance do you know the definition of insanity...lol

:rofl2::w00t:

I don't want him in Ottawa, we've got depth everywhere and being in year 1 of our "rebuild", things are looking good for this and the years to come.

as a sens fan, we are just happy to be fighting for a playoff spot. we are year one of a rebuild and had no expectations for this year. what's your excuse?

before ottawa i was a habs fan, but really i was a patrick roy fan.

First year of rebuild??? Last year the zeros finished 10 some odd points behind the Leafs. That wasn't part of the rebuild though I guess 'cause you two said so.. The Leafs are the second youngest team in the league, the zeros are near the middle of the pack.

First year of rebuild??? Last year the zeros finished 10 some odd points behind the Leafs. That wasn't part of the rebuild though I guess 'cause you two said so..

Actually, last year was when the Senators started dumping has beens and their salaries, so with that in mind, I would say the rebuild started at that point or even at the draft.

Leaf Fact #1

2014(just 2 yrs) will mark 10 years without a laff playoff visit :blahblah1:

You're comparing Kessel to Gretzky, paaaallleeeezzzeee!!! :wallbash: :wallbash:

Gretzky has the scoring title won, on his assists alone, and then there's his goals. :worthy: :worthy:

92 goal season, 4 200+ point seasons, Stanley cups, over 60 NHL records..... :worthy: :worthy:

And Kessel has what??????? Yeah compare Gretz to Kessel :w00t: :w00t:

I'm glad Gretz kicked your a$$ :asshat: in the playoffs, silly leafs. When will they learn :stretcher: :stretcher: :rofl2:

You Ottawa fans don't know how to read English do you Matt?

I said that Datsyk is, not Kessel.

I'm saying that Kessel isn't. :rolleyes:

Maybe you could learn the English language during the off season while your precious Senators are pitching and putting while the Leafs are playing in the 1st round of the playoffs. :tease::tease::tease:

Edited by DRIFTER_016

Exactly!!!

Ottawa fans are a little light in the cognitive skills area.

I probably should have drawn him stick figures or used puppets just for young Mathiew.

He never was the sharpest pencil in the box. :whistling: