Gilford Perch for Jan 17th. Report

Fish Farmer

My buddy and myself hit Gilford yesterday, Walked out into the fog, first hole we drilled we stayed there all day with non stop bite, 18'FTW. You couldn't get your jig to the bottom before you had a fish on, it was crazy, was like that all day. My lure of choice was a micro white jig with a Perch eye. You could tease them right up into the hole. We must have filter threw hundreds to get any decent keepers. We found that fishing about 6' below the ice you could pull your jig away from the dinks to get the bigger ones. I brought around 30 home and my buddy maybe 40. It rained most of the day out there. When we left, the water was going down the hole like a toilet bowl. Ice were we fished was 6". I hope the ice holds, because it was melting fast. As we packed up, one guy came by that was lost asked which way is Gilford, :dunno: good thing I had my GPS because he was heading in the opposite direction. :blush: The fog was so bad you couldn't see.

Be careful out there guys.

Now I got to get to work :whistling:

perchpc.jpg

Edited by Fish Farmer

Thanks everyone :good:

Nice haul!! :good: Hope the the bite is as good this weekend.

The only down side fishnsled is the parking on the weekends :wallbash:

Thank you very much for the proper directions home, i was the guy wandering in the fog. Scott

No broblem Scott, glad to help because I've been in the same spot. :good: My buddy that was with me has a GPS and has never taken it out of the box. After he seen the fog, he said he was going home and learning how to use his. You opened his eye's. :good: Hope we meet up again.

lots of quads and sleds out?

On sunday there were some sleds ripping the shoreline near keswick and a couple quads WAY out there...

We saw 1 ATV, that was it. I don't think I'd be running around out there yet on a machine. But each his own. Not a far walk anyway. Just be careful.

Edited by Fish Farmer

Enough to bring a hut out with a snowmobile? Hut that weighs 800 to 1000 lbs?

Well first you should need to know the overall foot print of said hut....then calculate the foot print into foot pounds per square foot...then you must find the density of said ice and divide that into square inches to find the square root of said ice....with all those numbers figured in I still would have no idea....LOL..... but PLEASE be careful on the ice.

Bob

Enough to bring a hut out with a snowmobile? Hut that weighs 800 to 1000 lbs?

LTF, For me to say OK, I won't. I don't think anyone would give the OK, if anything happened they would feel responsible. I see on the other simcoe sites that operators are taking their huts out but how far??? and where exactly???? and heavy????. Sorry I can't say. Good luck Fishing Bud and Like I said be careful. I want to see your fish reports, :good: not your name in the Obits. :stretcher: