Hellooooo Winter

DRIFTER_016

This weekend we are going to see our first stretch of Arctic winter weater.

Hopefully some of it will blow your way so y'all can hit the ice. ;)

By next weekend they are calling for highs in the -40's. :blink:

I'm going into hibernation on Sunday and will emerge when the temps are more favourable and the chance of damaging equipment lessens. Until then I have a couple of rods that need building. :D

brrrrr.jpg

Winter seems to be setting here as well in NW Ontario. Not too cold but highs of -10-15 for the extended forecast.

Drifter, I use to work in northern Alberta, and it would get insanely cold too. Sometimes with the windchill it could reach -60 no problem. But the air was much drier there, and it wouldn't feel as cold as in NW Ontario.

Does that hold true for Yellowknife as well??? I mean it's still bloody cold, just a different kind of cold.

I'm just curious

Winter seems to be setting here as well in NW Ontario. Not too cold but highs of -10-15 for the extended forecast.

Drifter, I use to work in northern Alberta, and it would get insanely cold too. Sometimes with the windchill it could reach -60 no problem. But the air was much drier there, and it wouldn't feel as cold as in NW Ontario.

Does that hold true for Yellowknife as well??? I mean it's still bloody cold, just a different kind of cold.

I'm just curious

Yep, same kind of dry liquid nitrogen cold here as in Alberta. :w00t:

Edited by DRIFTER_016

Thats getting there! I'm hoping when I head north this winter its a little milder than that...not interested in sleeping in a tent in -50 or -60c.

On the home front I'm welcoming the cold as the ice on L Wpg has been unpredictable and a few trucks went through in the last few days. Warm and cold = cracks/ridges. A good year for the portable ice shacks.

Stay warm Dave!