Puslinch Lake - trespassing!!??

landry

Word on Puslinch is that the Lake Association has not only blocked access to the lake but will now be trying to charge people with tresspassing if they are on the lake???? The association has apparently told members/home owners that they are not to allow passage to the lake through their property.

Closing access to the lake through the Marina restaurants property was one thing (this is annoying but it is their property) BUT this additional tactic is just plain offensive!!!!!!!

I have a friend who lives on the lake and so I am hoping to get out there (sorry). Even though I may still have access, the whole thing pisses me off as I can't believe that they can get away with stealing public water!!!

If I do get out there and someone tries to tell me to leave or mentions the word trespass, I think I will snap!!!!!

Landry

its public waters is it not? if it is infact public waters, and the entire lake is not within someones property, then u cannot be charged with tresspassing. if u went through someones property without permission, u can be charged for being on their property, but not the lake itself.

but i agree, thats a bunch of Bull.

Unrelated really. The owner of that property could stop access from there, but they probably have no legal right (and certainly have no moral right) to prevent other property owners from allowing anyone they wish to access the lake from their own property. That's no different from someone on my street saying that not only aren't my guests allowed to park in his driveway, but they aren't even allowed to park in front of my property. Total Bull, and I hope the person throwing their weight around is trimmed a bit.

Seems, from what i can see in the other thread, the home owners are not trying to stop people from fishing, only trying to keep the dumbasshat.gif from leaving garbage all over the place.

Drastic measures for sure,but 1 bad apple spoils the whole bunchdunno.gif

Seems, from what i can see in the other thread, the home owners are not trying to stop people from fishing, only trying to keep the dumbasshat.gif from leaving garbage all over the place.

Drastic measures for sure,but 1 bad apple spoils the whole bunchdunno.gif

From what I hear, they have had a Lake association meeting since the last thread was started AND have been encouraging/pushing all property owners to deny access?!

I can see the local jerks buzzing the ice fishing huts they don't recognize...Not everyone has the resources to travel north to fish so every spot we lose hurts....We are already limited here with just a few decent lakes....Thank you slobs..

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

i would like to see someone try to charge a person with trespassing for passing through their buddies yard. the concept of lakes without public access is something ontora.ca might be interested in.

If they insist the lake be kept private, so be it. In turn, the public (the fishing community), should be pressuring the MNR and GRCA to ensure that no public funds are spend in that waterway for stocking, rehabilitation, etc... on a private pond, as the work is not for public benefit.

Edited by bigugli

Its no different than the MNR in the north restricting lake access to planes only, but now that its property owners in the south it hurts.

Except you have many more lake in the Sault. We wouldn't have 5 lakes in the whole area! And this lake would be called a Beaver Pond in the North LOL!

Dan O.

while i used to frequent the area, i haven't been there in some time.

no one can be charged for being on the lake. so they can talk all they want.

my comment would be is it really 'disgraceful' for a landowner to not want strangers on their property? passing thru or otherwise?

if you read back regarding alot of threads where members homes have been accessed, cased out, or robbed, or vandalized, or littered on, you see a pretty global attitude here of security cameras, big dogs, interrogating people around your property and the usual shotgun solutions.

but whenever someone else tries to protect their property or privacy, everyone gets up in arms about freedoms????

perhaps im mistaken about the original issue, but it seeeeeeemmmms like i can go in your yard, but you better stay outta mine.

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

Except you have many more lake in the Sault. We wouldn't have 5 lakes in the whole area! And this lake would be called a Beaver Pond in the North LOL!

Dan O.

you are correct, but that's not really the point is it? we are far stronger united than divided.

Edited by Dr. Salvelinus

Its no different than the MNR in the north restricting lake access to planes only, but now that its property owners in the south it hurts.

I couldn't care less. You couldn't pay me to fish that weed infested cess pool.

I'm all for restricting public access to traditional fly in lakes, but then that topic has already been hashed and rehashed ad nauseum.

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

Your normal North vs. South rant?

why are you trying to start something?

i say things about southern ontario in jest because people like you get their lady hanes in a bunch.

Edited by Dr. Salvelinus

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

and often when i'm talking about the "south" it's in the context of the government in toronto making decisions that impact the north, without consulting the north.

Thanks Chris, now for all that havent been through the experience or know what had happened. Please reread the thread that chris has posted.

I will say this about the restaurant, its much nicer now, a very pleasant atmosphere for any any age. The food is a mixed review on my part, but the one burger they serve, omg,,,,,,yum and I dare you to finish it with fries lol. I am not angered by them closing up access to the lake, im angered by the way they conduct themselves after they have accepted a few bucks for access, and being on the lake.

Anyhow as solopadler has stated, lets be done with it and do your homework.