Shore Fishing Spot

CRAPPIE

I hope not - it's a sanctuary right now.

(Port Perry born and raised, btw! Thanks for the online plug) ;)

Ha! I asked out of curiosity. The last time I fished there standing on the causeway pipes almost 50 years ago, I caught 7 muskies in less than 2 hours throwing floating rapalas. It was the hot bait at the time. These were just small skis but it still was a fun time.

Just a heads up; it is frowned upon to give out specific fishing locations on this, and many other forums. As someone who occasionally fishes from shore I do not appreciate people giving away good spots by posting them on the internet. I found spots by doing internet searches and reading forums, and by doing lots of leg work. That is the advice that I would give you.

Anyone ever notice that this guy only asks these touchy subjects? I'm sorry I had to say, but I feel if you want to be part of a community, it's a give and take relationship that you have to use.

Go to rice lake's shore spots and try your luck there!

Anyone ever notice that this guy only asks these touchy subjects? I'm sorry I had to say, but I feel if you want to be part of a community, it's a give and take relationship that you have to use.

Go to rice lake's shore spots and try your luck there!

Ya I noticed he asks CRAPPIE questions.:rofl2:

crappie, how many other boards are you posting this on, 3 or 4 or more? I know of others that you posted this on, it grows rather sad real quick. go get a map man!

Not to mention sending PM's to try and find out spots as well :angry:

All take and no give....wears on people after awhile....just sayin :angel:

Hi members,

Please advise if there is some shore fishing spot within 1 1/2 hrs near Whitby area?

Thanks in advance

Sorry, no lakes within 1 1/2 hours of Whitby. Try lawn bowling.

You could pretty much fire a cast in any direction and hit water, give it a try.

Edited by kemper

It's the Christmas season. I don't think it's a big deal for someone who knows the area to point someone in the right direction or a particular spot where everyone fishes from the bank. Personal messages also work well in these instances.

Thanks guys whether you give me a good advise or no advise.

I just asking for help and I did post my fishing report with pictures before. But the feedback after I posted make me think twice. I posted the pictures of bass and walleye and people tell me why I kept the fish that size and I explained to them I just want to mount one good size bass on my wall and only kept one walleye for the dinner table. I don't eat fish that much but once in a while by keeping few fish I think this is ok. Also I just keep the fish within the legal limit.

I saw some other post people saying why the other member kept small sizes perch even they were not over kept the limit but people still saying they should realease the fish. Perch is not a big size fish anyway. I don't blame people keeping their legal limit because this is their right and they did contribute by renewing and purchase the outdoor card before they can allowed to fish.

Also I just want some help to get the general area only and no intention to have a hope to get lots of fish at this time of year. Just want to bring my old man to go out to relax and enjoy after a busy week work.

Anyway, thanks again for the opinion you have suggested!

Crappie

Edited by CRAPPIE

Also the spot I get lots of fish doesn't mean someone can get the same amount of fish. It all depends on the fishing equipments, bait and the technique they use.

There are so many time that the angler fish right next to me landed lots of fish and I land 0 fish.

Edited by CRAPPIE

It's the Christmas season. I don't think it's a big deal for someone who knows the area to point someone in the right direction or a particular spot where everyone fishes from the bank. Personal messages also work well in these instances.

It might also be the fact that I haven't went fishing for a couple of weeks already. Pitching a jig on tiles is the closest thing I've done to fishing so far the last while :(

I just asking for help and I did post my fishing report with pictures before. But the feedback after I posted make me think twice. I posted the pictures of bass and walleye and people tell me why I kept the fish that size and I explained to them I just want to mount one good size bass on my wall and only kept one walleye for the dinner table. I don't eat fish that much but once in a while by keeping few fish I think this is ok. Also I just keep the fish within the legal limit.

I don't know where you are posting reports, I don't remember seeing any. It might be that I haven't been on the forum much lately. There are quite a few things that do point me to think negatively of you though. I remember posts of asking about "Dunnette Landing" (A spot famous for meat hunters), questions of whether the ice has formed or thawed at specific lakes so you can cut out all the legwork.

You don't even need to post a report if you don't want to. In my eyes, giving to this community is as easy as starting some thoughtful opinions, sharing your knowledge of tackle/techniques, Heck, even congratulating someone for their latest and greatest purchase!

You don't even need to post a report if you don't want to. In my eyes, giving to this community is as easy as starting some thoughtful opinions, sharing your knowledge of tackle/techniques, Heck, even congratulating someone for their latest and greatest purchase!

Actually, we should have a rule "20 posts alocated for every report posted." Content, content, content. sarcasm.gif

Gores Landing, Hastings Park, Bewdley Government dock on Rice Lake. Oshawa Pier, Cobourg Harbour, Port Hope Pier, Port Perry Town Park on Lake Scugog, Belleville and Trenton town parks, Bridgenorth Causeway (santuary now), Rosedale canal.

Lots of spots crappie, glad to hear some anglers are still out enjoying the fishing from shore. Most guys are snuggled up in front of their computers waiting for reports on good fishing.

Let us know how your doing but don't post your hotspots. Ice fishing coming soon.

Thanks Michael for your help! You always giving good advise to the members. I did participate in the Rice Lake Spring Fishing Festival last year because of your announcement. And I did refer 5 freind to join this festival too. We did not win any price but hey we just enjoyed it. Will join again next year .

Thank again!

No problem Crappie. Glad to hear someone is still fishing open water. Most of the spots mentioned you will have to yourself at this time of year. I hear some good crappie are hitting at night at some of the Rice Lake shore fishing spots and probably only a few more days until freeze up.

Glad you joined the festival last year, we have even more prizes coming for 2012. Check out the new website for information.

http://ricelakefishingfestival.ca/home

Good Luck and stay warm.

Most guys are snuggled up in front of their computers waiting for reports on good fishing.

Let us know how your doing but don't post your hotspots. Ice fishing coming soon.

Hey, how did you know what im doing? Your good. :thumbsup_anim: Good Luck out there Crappy, im sure you will do fine. As for Ice reports I too, have to rely on locals to get the gyst of it. Id spend a ton on gas only to find out that there is no safe ice out there.