My new PB Smallie

Stoty

I finally got out on the water for the "fall bite" on Simcoe with a good friend of mine, and one of the top Bass anglers around, Mark Kulik last Thursday, and boy what a great day it turned out to be!

Overall, it was a "slow" day, but we managed to boat quite a few nice fish, topped off with this TANK, and my new PB Smallie weighing in at 6.2lbs!!

Thanks again Mark!

SmalliePB.jpg

Absolutely beautiful fish right there. How come you don't look happy in the pic? ;)

I tried drop-shotting for walleye with a leadheaded jig and twister tail as a sinker once, but didn't have any luck and after getting snagged for the second or third time put a drop-shot weight on in place of the jig. I think I'll try it again under more snag-free conditions, and for smallies too...you've inspired me.

Haha, thanks for the replies everyone! It was an amazing fish for sure!

I love the new hooks! Def recommend them to anyone!

Yes, I'm a big ice fisherman as well, but with any luck I'll be holding a new PB Walleye instead of a bass!

As mentioned, the rig was a double rig consisting of an xZone "Slammer" on the dropshot hook and in place of the dropshot weight we used a football head jig with an xZone "Swammer". Slowly dragged along bottom. It was my first time using that and...just might have to use it again! LOL

Edit - typo

Edited by Stoty

We've been using a similar, but much lighter rig for winter panfish on the Kawarthas. Light jig on the bottom with a drop-shot hook with minnow 12" to 18" up the line. Even get the occasional double header on one rod.

Nice bass, BTW.

yeah thats a great rig I have been using it for a few years now but with a shakey head jig and with gulp, but have found the way of the slammer/swammer this year and love them just wish I could have connected with 1 that size rather than the uncountable 3-3.5lbers all summer :wallbash: but I guess that's not all that bad either LOL AWESOME fish man :thumbsup_anim: