Another sad day

limeyangler

I just took my good pal Oscar to the vet to be laid to rest.

I cant stop crying....it just wells up and overwhelms me...but i know he is not suffering anymore.

I have never had to go through this before with a pet...but they are like family. Oscar was 20+ years old and was there for me through some tough times and some great times.

it was nice to be able to hold him as he slipped away, a relief as the last few days were very bad for him.

Good bye old friend...I miss you.

248.jpg

I know what your goin thru man. Heck i get all choked up just lookin at his picture. I went thru the same with my girl of 20+ years last fall. Its heartwrenching for sure.

I hate reading this kinda news.....but its a wonderful tribute to your buddy. Its a testament to how caring an individual you are and also shows just how good a life Oscar must have had under your watch.

Sorry to hear that Simon. Just went through the same with my 18 year old Felix. I cried for about a week straight. It feels like your heart is just broken.

But you had many good years together and that is what you must think about. Grieve for as long as you need to, then remember him fondly.

Joey

There are no words that make it easier. Time can help dull the pain but it never really goes away, that is the power of love! I hope you find comfort in knowing that he had a wonderful happy life with you and that you will in time come to smile when you think of all the good times you have shared.

Been there 2 times before Simon (my dogs) and I'm not sure when I'll have to do it again (could be tomorrow or years from now) but YES it IS a very hard thing to do.

You cannot replace him, just find another good friend in time (when the time is right). Jack will let you know ;)

Thanks for all the kind replies folks, they made me cry again!

It feels really empty in the house tonight despite my beautiful wife and child being here.

The old bugger never really even moved from sleeping in 2 different spots with the odd waking moment to feed and poop...the original Garfield...but the house seems so empty because of his conspicuous absence :(:mellow::unsure:

But i have been looking through pictures spanning 15 years...and there are lots of happy memories...it just hurts so much at the moment.

Once again...thanks for taking the time to read this and reply...means a lot to me.

Simon.

RIP Oscar..aka....Moof, Moose, Scoonie Moony.

So sorry to hear about your loss Simon.....I know exactly how you feel and what you are going through!!....we had to put our Chester down a few weeks ago. He was an awesome cat who thought he was a dog. He hung out with our two retrievers and always looked forward to napping in a new box that I would bring home from grocery shopping...

IMG_0103.jpg