Fly In Trip To The Chapleau Game Preserve

solopaddler

HAHA! Can't believe someone brought this up. My daughter reminded me this evening after I posted the report.

The girls mostly fished together on this trip. With a little bit of guidance they held their own and caught a lot of fish.

Brendan and I caught waaay more, but that's to be expected, but then we fished a lot harder too.

Funny thing is twice on the trip we made a small wager on which boat would catch the biggest fish.

Both times my daughter won. First time with a 231/2"er, second time with a 22"er.

My son was devastated. :lol:

I'm sure Riley will chime in at some point to tell all about it. :)

Thanks for the kind words everyone, very glad you enjoyed!

Looks like Riley doesn't need a part time job she just needs to keep fishing with you. LOL Thanks again for the report

Edited by Musky or Specks

You know it's funny you mention that Brian. It struck me after I posted this, there's not a single photograph of me in the entire report. Just my voice in the background of the videos LOL!

It was all about the kids anyway.

You DAWG,I wasnt talking about you. :tease:

As mentioned in my report their prices are very low. They're only posting prices for 7 day trips on their website but I know they'll book shorter trips as well if you ask. Pretty sure Martin and Jennifer would quote you a good price for a family trip as well.

This sounds like something for the wife an I.

I,ll send you a pm later this week about it bud.Gotz to talk to the boss.Did I really just say that? :jerry:

It's always gratifying to read positive feedback. Thanks a bunch guys! :good:

Looks like Riley doesn't need a part time job she just needs to keep fishing with you. LOL Thanks again for the report

No kidding. The prize was 20 bucks to spend on anything fishing related at Canadian Tire though LOL!

You're killing me Mike. :(

That's my plan. :lol:

You DAWG,I wasnt talking about you. :tease:

You actually meant yourself? Really?

You can join me anytime, or say the word and I'll help set something up for you.

another great report, thanks, I'm jealous though, 3 fly-ins in one year, you're lucky

Thanks Chris. It's been a fun season for sure.

You're a very fortunate man !

Thank you. I was actually just musing about that today. I'm thankful everyday for what I've got.

I've been the master of my own destiny for the most part though. Unlucky (or at least not as successful) in some ways. In the things that matter to me I'm very blessed indeed.

you got me thinking - our kids are grown and doing their own thing. For years (not quite as nice as this) we went to various provincial parks and did the tenting and tent trailer thing. Now my wife and I have some time to ourselves. We did the algonquin thing (acray campground - one of the less popular ones) this summer and while we ended up next to a site with about 3 separate families on it (quite lively at times) we did enjoy the "remoteness". The backpacking and hard-core camping thing isn't for us - but I got to thinking this might make a nice trip for the two of us. I'm going to have to see what she thinks. This place looks very reasonable and remote all at the same time. Do you know if the other outpost camps they have are similar ?

you got me thinking - our kids are grown and doing their own thing. For years (not quite as nice as this) we went to various provincial parks and did the tenting and tent trailer thing. Now my wife and I have some time to ourselves. We did the algonquin thing (acray campground - one of the less popular ones) this summer and while we ended up next to a site with about 3 separate families on it (quite lively at times) we did enjoy the "remoteness". The backpacking and hard-core camping thing isn't for us - but I got to thinking this might make a nice trip for the two of us. I'm going to have to see what she thinks. This place looks very reasonable and remote all at the same time. Do you know if the other outpost camps they have are similar ?

Rob, check your pm's.

Great report Mike. I am sitting here at Eddie's camp waiting for the wind to die down. You wouldn't believe how low the water is. We need to walk a 1/2 km just to get to the boats. Report coming in October after our hunting trip here.

what a great week....now you have a year of "can we go back yet?" to listen to thumbsup_anim.gif

Yep and a year to brace myself for 5 hours of "are we there yet?" :lol:

Looks like an awesome trip Mike, thanks for sharing. Will need to definetely try your walleye tortilla recipe.

Thanks bud, and yeah the walleye tortillas are amazing!!

Great report Mike. I am sitting here at Eddie's camp waiting for the wind to die down. You wouldn't believe how low the water is. We need to walk a 1/2 km just to get to the boats. Report coming in October after our hunting trip here.

Doug buddy!! Figured you were up there right now. 1/2 a km to get to the boats? Wow :o

So I guess that means you can't join me in QC the end of September?

Good luck on the rest of your trip!