Friday, good fishing!

solopaddler

Well, I had it in my mind to head north on Friday to fish some Huron tribs, but the cold weather forecast forced me to look elsewhere.

It was still pretty darn frigid though! Here's my buddy fishing the mouth area of one of my favourite spots. The wind and snow were howling in right off the lake and the cold overnight temps. created large packs of floating slush which we had to fish around...

100_0860.jpg

Here's a decent fish caught by my bud

100_0852.jpg

100_0854.jpg

100_0855.jpg

100_0857.jpg

A chubby little hen that I caught further upstream

100_0861.jpg

100_0862.jpg

Another very decent fish I managed in the upstream sections

IMG_1211.jpg

Near the end of the day we tried another rivermouth area. The wind chill was unreal and we were chilled

to the bone in short order, but did manage a couple of chrome bullets before we packed it in and

retreated to the car.

100_0866.jpg

100_0868.jpg

100_0871.jpg

All in all a pretty good day despite the cold temperatures. We caught fish pretty consistently all day in

pretty much every spot we tried. I think if the weather was a bit warmer it would have been an epic day,

but no complaints!

BTW, for all those other fans of the Blue and White, big, big game tonight!

GO LEAFS GO! :D

Thank's boys, appreciate it!

Just to add to the story, when we arrived at the first spot to start the day my bud almost immediately hooked into a quality a fish and while fumbling to take pic's in the cold, the contact lens in my right eye popped out and fell in the river :blink:

Needless to say I'm blind without either contacts or glasses, so I was ticked :devil:

Anyone ever try concentrating on a float all day with one good eye and one bad eye? Not much fun let me tell ya! (I managed though ;) )

Anyone ever try concentrating on a float all day with one good eye and one bad eye? Not much fun let me tell ya! (I managed though ;) )

I was gonna say, it didn't seem to interfere with your catching at all :thumbsup_anim:

"Needless to say I'm blind without either contacts or glasses, so I was ticked"

Bwah-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!!! I told ya Mike can catch fish - even with only one eye!

Hey, Mike the Pike. I made a few posts in the "old" OFC board. Am I correct in assuming this is still the same place - I'm not sure I "get it"... However I see familiar names.

Cheers,

Pete