Drinking 0.5% alcohol beer on a boat...

Rae

I found myself out of beer late at night on the weekend, so I had one of my wife's 0.5% beer (O'doole's I think) and I couldn't believe how much it tasted like the real deal. I even had one the next day to confirm this.

So I was thinking how nice it would be to have a cold 0.5% beer on the boat while fishing and remain within the law, or is anything above 0.0% too much?

Rae

Its not really 0.5. 0.5 is the limit to be considered "non-alcoholic". As long as its below 0.5, they can sell them in-stores, but they call it 0.5 anyways. I asked an officer and he said you can have them in your car without issue, although I'm sure an unsuspecting officer would have a hard time believing your beer breath is non-alcoholic haha.

I don't think that it would be a problem. If it smells like beer though you might be subjected to a roadside screening device...you'd be surprised how many people say "I've been drinking non alocholic beer" and blow way over the legal limit lol...

Edited by FishnNAutographs

We got checked by MNR in June. I was drinking coffee all morning but had a couple Molson NA in my cooler. He did not actually check my cooler but I told him I had it. He said that is perfectly ok.

I like the idea of non alcoholic beer in the boat.:angel:

DSC00098.JPG

N/A beer is expensive though! Well, the N/A Blue from Mac's was. I agree, that a nice cold N/A would be a nice, legal treat in the boat.

That stuff is crap and nowheres worth what they charge for it. :wallbash:

I just stick with ice cold H2O,add some crystal lite for flavor.

Zero beer in the boat, regardless of what it's content is supposed to be.

It's kind of like if your teenage daughter came home to tell you she's pregnant .... but it's okay, she's only a tiny weeny bit pregnant. The amount doesn't really matter.

You might get lucky and face an officer who gives you a break (because he agrees no one will ever get drunk on this stuff) but officially, the OPP has zero tolerance.

It's kind of like if your teenage daughter came home to tell you she's pregnant .... but it's okay, she's only a tiny weeny bit pregnant. The amount doesn't really matter.

You might get lucky and face an officer who gives you a break (because he agrees no one will ever get drunk on this stuff) but officially, the OPP has zero tolerance.

The rule is no 'alcoholic' beverages in the boat. Not 'no beer'...

If non-alcoholic beer has no alcohol it should be fine. Someone said they got checked by MNR having non-alcoholic beer without a problem.

Maybe just try and get a beer that has 0% on the label instead of 0.5%...

http://www.canada.com/vancouversun/news/business/story.html?id=2eb670b7-59f9-4d9a-a468-b5984a365935

If a 5 yr old can buy it at the grocery store, i think that means the law considers it non-alcoholic.

For those who like bitter lagers (heineken, carlsberg, moosehead) try the becks non-alcoholic. To me it is BY FAR the best of the non-alcs.

If a 5 yr old can buy it at the grocery store, i think that means the law considers it non-alcoholic.

For those who like bitter lagers (heineken, carlsberg, moosehead) try the becks non-alcoholic. To me it is BY FAR the best of the non-alcs.

Agreed. I was going to say Becks is the best one I've had. It's actually 0% also if I recall.

If I let my apple ferment a in the sun for a couple hours it'll have more C2H5OH than the beer bought in a grocery store. It's completely legal, Cent pourcent point final, baton!

I don't know about y'all but I drink beer to get drunk. I don't see that beer getting me very drunk. Stick to fishing and drink real beer when you get back to the dock. My 2 cents

Try this buddy:

http://www.aa.org

Luckily most of us got over our addiction to alcohol and enjoy the taste of beer though.

I don't know about y'all but I drink beer to get drunk. I don't see that beer getting me very drunk. Stick to fishing and drink real beer when you get back to the dock. My 2 cents

I used to drink to get drunk.I had to quit 22 years ago.I still believe that the only reason to drink is to get drunk. I can't get drunk, so I dont drink. If it tastes like beer, and looks like beer, then in my mind i want beer, not some yellow frothy fake junk that costs 4 times as much.wallbash.gif Drink diet pepsi, or ice tea.Takes away the thirst and doesn't get skunky.