Drinking 0.5% alcohol beer on a boat...

Rae

Had to retire from drinking in 1987. That's why I drink the soft stuff.:blahblah1: :blahblah1: I like the concept of NA beer as opposed to real beer in the boat. I've seen too much drunken stupidity on the water. The way OPP and MNR are maybe a little over-zealous on there patrols, people are making changes in beverage of choice on the water. Me, mainly a coffee guy year round, few NA's go a long way in the boat.:oops: gotta pee again

I'm a big fan of the Quebec Regulations. It's okay to drink in the boat... just not the driver/operator.

It's not okay to get drunk in the boat though... they will bust you for that if they think you're intoxicated even if you're not driving.

Had a good conversation with a Quebec CO about it while my buddy searched his truck for his license. They were nice enough to follow us back to shore to get it and give him a day or 2 to produce it when he couldn't find it.

I stick to soft drinks, juice and lots of bottled water in the boat. I have zero tolerance for alcohol and boating. I don't drink very much these days because the the way I feel the next day just isn't worth it, besides, the kids don't care that daddy was up all night drinking with the boys, they still want to play at 6:30am. Keep the booze for the dock and the apres fish.

Try this buddy:

http://www.aa.org

Luckily most of us got over our addiction to alcohol and enjoy the taste of beer though.

LOL Thanks, but I'm not sure I'm the one who needs this link, someone who needs to drink something that tastes like beer because of the circumstances, can't drink real beer, might be better off checking it out.

I used to drink to get drunk.I had to quit 22 years ago.I still believe that the only reason to drink is to get drunk. I can't get drunk, so I dont drink. If it tastes like beer, and looks like beer, then in my mind i want beer, not some yellow frothy fake junk that costs 4 times as much.wallbash.gif Drink diet pepsi, or ice tea.Takes away the thirst and doesn't get skunky.

Well said.... If someone wants to drink non-alcoholic beer on the boat because they can't drink real beer, that said person might have an addiction to beer,. And should likely seek help

LOL Thanks, but I'm not sure I'm the one who needs this link, someone who needs to drink something that tastes like beer because of the circumstances, can't drink real beer, might be better off checking it out.

I drink beer everyday, and haven't been drunk in almost a year. I don't think that's any sort of alcohol problem. That's a craving for the flavour of a drink. I know you might just choke it down to get a buzz, but there are those of us who enjoy it. That being said, I haven't had a full can of cola in over a year. Can't stand the flavour. Guess I must be a caffeine junkie?

Haha, I am a big time caffeine addict, and I too don't like drinking Coke (way too much sugar). If it's my only option, I'll chug one down to make the withdrawal headache go away!

lol Yeah, I hear ya! I'm nothing without my morning cup o'java! Cola rots my guts within minutes though!

This is kinda getting off topic, so i will just say this.If you drink only to get drunk, you may have a problem.To not take notice of this fact is called Denial Which is part of the disease. And, once we have the disease, we never Get Over our addiction. These are Facts , not speculations. Having said that, if you want to debate this, PM me.

If it is legal, and you like drinking that junk, and you are not a member of a 12 step group, then by all means drink it.dunno.gif

Heres a twist for you my mouthwash has 12% alcohol by volume written on it.

Getting served with a ticket for BWI is about blood alcohol content not about the % in the bottle of what you are drinking. The worst they could serve you with is open container on a nerbeer and that could be challenged in court. If the breathalizer is above the limit then the BWI becomes an issue. I don't drink often so waiting till I am home or in a place were their is no question if it is legal is easy for me.

Art

But nobody has a problem being out there wired on Redbull and the likes :blink: , give me a break. Near Beer is better for you than drinking a can of pepsi. Pepsi 41 grams of sugar.. near beer 3. Calories 150 vs 100, Pepsi full of salt.. NB has potassium that is good for you. Pepsi no protein.. NB some, as well as Calcium to build strong bones! :D

I think you'd be pretty darn bloated by the time you finished a skid of near beer trying to catch a buzzz..

Edited by irishfield

I go kayak fishing and I have all the time with me few cans of Blue Molson Non-Alcoholic beer. This is my favorite drink on water. The beer has some good ingredients for you health as well (excluding the alcoohol). So why not having them. Same with red wine. There is also red and withe wine wiht no alcohol. Very good. Polyphenols from those wines are very good for health.

O, yeah the big losers (with the brains on fumes) will say this is a drink for ladies and kids. Those are the losers that like to drive the boats with speed and have accidents on water.

One of the reasons you can drink a lot of beer is because alcohol dehydrates and you end up peeing out the fluid.

Not so with near-beer or water. You could not sit down and drink 50 near beers. Your kidneys would fail and you'd die first.

One of the reasons you can drink a lot of beer is because alcohol dehydrates and you end up peeing out the fluid.

Not so with near-beer or water. You could not sit down and drink 50 near beers. Your kidneys would fail and you'd die first.

So drinking 50 near beers will kill you, but 50 beers won't. I have been enlighted.