My 'staycation' report

limeyangler

Hi All,

It's been a busy 1st week of our 'staycation'. My in-laws are up (father, sister and brother in law with their daughter).

They have all been up before and my father in law (Dave) and brother in law (Andrew) had said they wanted to fish as often as possible while here...oh....that works!

They arrived last Saturday, unpacked by 7pm and wanted to fish from shore in front of the house right after supper.

JACK WAS KEEN TO SHOW COUSIN LEXI AND GRANDPA HOW IT'S ALL DONE

holiday4.jpg

holiday3.jpg

THEY ALL FISHED HARD

holiday2.jpg

IN THE END GRANDPA WON IT WITH A PIKE

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0ajAP2q-_w4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sunday was mostly spent organising all our camping stuff for a 2 day stay at the local Provincial Park just 20 minutes up the road, but by 4pm we were all ready to go for Monday so I took the boys out to get some walleye for supper on Wabigoon.

WE FOUND THEM!

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6bztPiKvrVk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

NOTHING HUGE, BUT FAST AND FURIOUS ACTION TO WHET THE BOYS APPETITE FOR MORE NW ONTARIO FISHING.

holiday5.jpg

holiday6.jpg

holiday7.jpg

THE BOYS BREATHED IN THE SCENERY ON THE WAY HOME TO A DELICIOUSLY FRESH FISH FRY

holiday8.jpg

holiday9.jpg

The next day we headed to Aaron Park and set up camp for 2 nights. Great park by the way, 2 nights $75 with electric and a lake full of bass, pike, lakers and walleye.

WE WERE WELL ORGANISED AND CAMP WAS UP AND READY IN UNDER 2 HOURS

holiday10.jpg

JACK MADE A NEW FRIEND RIGHT AWAY

holiday11.jpg

holiday12.jpg

JACK WAS ALSO VERY EXCITED ABOUT SLEEPING IN A TENT, AND HE AND LEXI WERE HAVING A BLAST

holiday13.jpg

holiday14.jpg

holiday15.jpg

holiday16.jpg

holiday17.jpg

WE MANAGED TO GET OUT FOR AN HOUR IN THE BOAT BEFORE SUPPER, THE WIND WAS AT 30+KMH SO TROUT WAS OUT, AND WE ONLY MANAGED A FEW SMALL PIKE AND BASS

holiday18.jpg

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/aca25UKDYzY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

WAS REALLY NICE CAMPING OUT FOR THE FIRST TIME WITH MY BOY, DOING ALL THE CAMPING STUFF...HE WAS TOTALLY ABSORBED BY THE MARSHMALLOW TOASTING PROCESS....

holiday19.jpg

holiday20.jpg

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/t2zIRCZrhqo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I was raring to get on the lake early the next morning...I was up at dawn and Dave only got up because I tripped on a rope holding his tent up. He decided to come with me and try and get a trout or 2 for lunch.....

WHAT A GORGEOUS MORNING, WIND HAD DIED RIGHT OFF FROM THE NIGHT BEFORE

holiday21.jpg

holiday22.jpg

holiday23.jpg

holiday24.jpg

holiday26.jpg

WE EVEN MANAGED 2 NICE KEEPER LAKERS FOR LUNCH

holiday27.jpg

holiday28.jpg

AFTER A FRESH TROUT BBQ LUNCH WE ALL HEADED OFF FOR A SWIM

holiday29.jpg

holiday30.jpg

holiday31.jpg

holiday32.jpg

holiday33.jpg

holiday34.jpg

holiday35.jpg

holiday36.jpg

THE EARLY MORNING TROUT SESSION TOOK ITS TOLL ON DAVE

IMG_3713.jpg

After our swim poor Jack was exhausted...he went down for his 3 hour nap with mum at around 4pm, Dave was sleeping too and the others took off to town, Andrew needed to get some Tylenol or something. Oh dear...what shall I do, everyone is asleep or in town!?....Darned right, I was headed out in the boat!

GOT INTO A NICE TROUT FIRST, RELEASED FOR ANOTHER DAY

holiday37.jpg

THEN FOUND THE WALLEYE, NICE ONES TOO, ALL OVER 18"

holiday38.jpg

holiday39.jpg

holiday40.jpg

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/XRf3W34_o3M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

AFTER SUPPER WE HEADED OUT FOR A BOAT TRIP WITH THE KIDS

holiday41.jpg

holiday42.jpg

holiday43.jpg

On Wednesday morning we headed home, we spent a good part of the day unpacking and cleaning and by 3pm everyone was asleep. We had a late supper then I took the kids to a small local lake for some perch action...they had been bugging me like crazy all day to go fishing. I think only one perch was caught; the walleye were all over us right under the boat....the kids had a blast!

THE LAKE WAS CALM, THE ONLY WAVES WERE MADE BY OUR BOAT ...PERFECT FOR KIDS.

holiday44.jpg

holiday45.jpg

holiday46.jpg

holiday47.jpg

holiday48.jpg

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Njcy7oDq5Rs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Thursday morning was an early start. LAC SEUL HERE WE COME! Andrew was really looking forward to this trip as for one reason or another we never made it up there the last time he was here 2 years ago. I really wanted to find and get him into the fish ...and the fishing did not disappoint....really windy day...but plenty of action...and a few 25"ers for Andrew to remember........

ANDREW'S 1ST LAC SEUL WALLEYE...NOT A BAD START!

holiday49.jpg

THE FISHED FLOWED NON STOP ALL DAY

holiday50.jpg

holiday56.jpg

holiday58.jpg

holiday59.jpg

holiday57.jpg

holiday60.jpg

holiday61.jpg

holiday55.jpg

holiday62.jpg

holiday63.jpg

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/IzQPWakxiy8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ok...hope some of you made it this far....lol...I know..really long report, but we've been fishing every day except today (Friday) and we still have a week left so I thought I'd better post now.

The in laws are off to Winnipeg tomorrow for an overnight, my wife and child are going on a play date...I'm going to go cast for bass on my home lake first thing in the am...report to follow.

OK sorry but if I was home there is no way I'd watch that hole thing But THANX for posting just finished watching the hole thing & now I really need to get out of here to get the Grand daughters out fishing Great Report, looked like a Great Staycation, TONS of Fish, Great way to start my Day

Tight Lines SBKthumbsup_anim.gifGonefishing.gifclapping.gifworthy.gif