Hi Everyone from a Newb

Jigs

Hi folks, I came across this place early last week and have been reading threads and posts and finally decided to join. I am pretty impressed with how busy this forum is and how many really good fishermen are here and the quality of the information. I fish the same waters as Musky Mike in the Cornwall area, probably not as well as he does mind you but I hold my own. tongue.gif

I figured I'd start with introducing myself with a little cheesy video I made. I can't get any of my buddies to watch it so maybe I'll have better luck with people who are as nuts about fishing as I am, ha ha. I hope the video helps share the pleasure and satisfaction I get out of releasing fish. I release 90+ percent of my walleyes. I hope that if people come and fish our waters it will encourage them to do the same.

Cheers and nice to meet all of you! Jigs.

welcome to the OFC Jigs!! Great vid as well...lots of pretty fillets swimming away there..good on ya bud!!

Indeed! But I have just as much fun releasing them as eating 'em. Plus I'm lazy about filleting so it all works out.

Once in a while one of them takes one for the team though. biggrin.gif

Thanks everyone. Really impressed with how busy this place is for a fishing forum. Good stuff!

Edited by Jigs

Welcome! I only just found this site not long ago, myself. I was searching to see if something like it existed, or if I'd have to register yet another domain and whip up a site to do it myself. Luckily, I found OFC/OFC.

hey andre... glad to see you found this site... not many guys from our area but there are a couple... most of the people on this site are very eager to learn as well as teach others about our great sport of fishing... and life... sometimes the most interesting threads have nothing to do with fishing...

anyways

fellow OFNCers this newb is a good guy and a good angler

he should fit right in... especially with all the videos he makes...lol

Dana, I agree. I've checked out a few fishing forums and it would have taken days to garner this many responses already. Looks like a lot of great folks here.

Mike, thanks for the welcome and the kind words, and for liking my hundreds of videos ha ha.

Good luck with your guiding business too. I read the other thread. I'm sure you'll do great.

I'll be on the water all weekend don't be a stranger if you see me. Cheers.

well ill be perching tomorrow morning with one of the other guys from the site... "mercman"

so ill probably be in front of creg quay... dont know if youve seen my boat yet... green and brown lund with a honda tiller...

anyways... ill probably see you out there...

I haven't perched yet this year has it been good? Not sure if I've seen your boat. I know your brother's but I don't think I've seen yours yet. I'll be in that area too looking for walleyes. Not sure when you guys go in but feel free to text me if you want to come by the dock for a cold one after you fish.

Welcome to the board Jigs you are just in time for the newly named board of OFC it will be even better than the old board OFC with your help and others that contribute their knowledge and their community spirit. Nice video thanks for sharing.

Art

I really liked this one! Welcome to the board.

that was a great tournament... im disapointed there are none this year...

I haven't perched yet this year has it been good? Not sure if I've seen your boat. I know your brother's but I don't think I've seen yours yet. I'll be in that area too looking for walleyes. Not sure when you guys go in but feel free to text me if you want to come by the dock for a cold one after you fish.

its been a really slow year for perch... but im sure we'll get into some...

Hi folks, I came across this place early last week and have been reading threads and posts and finally decided to join. I am pretty impressed with how busy this forum is and how many really good fishermen are here and the quality of the information. I fish the same waters as Musky Mike in the Cornwall area, probably not as well as he does mind you but I hold my own. tongue.gif

I figured I'd start with introducing myself with a little cheesy video I made. I can't get any of my buddies to watch it so maybe I'll have better luck with people who are as nuts about fishing as I am, ha ha. I hope the video helps share the pleasure and satisfaction I get out of releasing fish. I release 90+ percent of my walleyes. I hope that if people come and fish our waters it will encourage them to do the same.

Cheers and nice to meet all of you! Jigs.

Welcome Jigs! Glad to know you!

Great video!!Loved It.

I release only 20% of my catch

The other 80% release themselves ............

Signed

Hungry fisherman.....

LOL

Regards

SteveO