Bass were shy, walleye not so much...it was hot as hell too.

limeyangler

Hi all,

got out for 2 short evening sessions. I went in search of bass the first day and got walleye.

Not to be outdone by a fish i went back the next afternoon to try again...got a couple bass....then lost a whole rod in the lake...then went to get some walleye as a consolation.

The walleye were all hunkered down in the weeds, great fun pitching an 1/8 Oz jig into the pockets and feeling the 'THUD' of a take. Leeches were definitely on the menu...but minnows did better as afternoon turned to evening.

Got a real good welcome home the second evening, my boy raced down the hill when he saw me pull up in the boat, mum only had time to put his rubber boots on...very cute.

BASS AND WALLEYE VIDEO...bass were elusive for once.

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/tWwc1ZXK-sE?hl=en&fs=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

GOT SOME NICE SHOTS OF STUFF.....

2-3.jpg

1-4.jpg

3-2.jpg

4-3.jpg

11-2.jpg

10-2.jpg

9-2.jpg

8-2.jpg

7-2.jpg

12-2.jpg

13-2.jpg

14-2.jpg

WHEN I GOT HOME MY BOY CAME RUNNING TO GREET ME

16-2.jpg

18-1.jpg

17-1.jpg

UH DAD.....LETS GO

19-1.jpg

I'LL GO GET MUM

21-1.jpg

20-1.jpg

22-1.jpg

OFF WE WENT

23-1.jpg

24-1.jpg

27-1.jpg

28-1.jpg

29-1.jpg

30-1.jpg

Edited by limeyangler

Great report, Those are some nice pictures and nice fish as well, Love how Jack's in every post as well makes it that much better.

Thanks man...being a dad...i would recommend it to anyone...well..almost anyone.

as always a great report Simon. :thumbsup_anim:

What camera are you using and how do you have it set up? If you posted it before just link me to it as I don't recall seeing it, thanks.

Geoff

Hey Geoff...no set up to speak of...just dextrous fingers and a lot of trial and error. See the video i made a few years back to demonstrate my "set up"

th_reelcam.jpg

The camera is a Canon Powershot 960

Fantastic report Simon !!! Stunning photography toogood.gif

Paul

Thanks Paul.

great report Simon- you got a real peice of heaven there! (but that net looks like it has seen better days)

LOL...the net was bent trying to pull that musky into the boat a couple weeks ago!

Excellent Simon, lots of great pics.

Thanks Joey

Well....what is rthe story about the lost rod? Did you try and get it back? Good looking fish and a nicwe way to end the night.

LOL...no....i fuxpletive did not get it back...spent a whole hour with ever increasing frustration trolling back and forth and did not snag it! I only had the rod 2 weeks!

great report as always

Thanks Terry.

Another great report! I know how you feel too...went fishing this past weekend for bass and caught 2 walleye lol

Weird eh Cliff?....even on the second day out there i was watching tons of them following...but they would not hit....was really hot though. The ones that did commit weren't messing around though...WHAM!

Thanks for the link Simon. I missed that one and I know if I try that, the camera is in the lake... I think I need to check out the new GoPro stuff if I want to make a video or two. Cheers.

G

Great shots again Simon. I had my 2 1/2 year old grandson out last week and we/he managed to hook his 1st walleye and plus a Northern and a Perch as well. It was the best time fishing I had in a long time. The look on his face was indescribable. All I got after that was regular requests from him to "go for a boat ride" and "go fishing". The 1st trip out was the funniest. Two minutes after pulling away from our dock, he turns to me and says "Wow that's a lot of water".

Edited by Old Man

Thanks man...being a dad...i would recommend it to anyone...well..almost anyone.

I couldn't agree with you more. I love my daughter more then anything even more then fishing lol. Now we are expecting another and I can't wait hope I have a boy and II can call it quits lol.

Also you are right not everyone is fit for parenthood like the morons in Ottawa that left there child in the car on the weekend for about an hour the baby was only a month old thank god the baby is still alive.

Edited by Live2fish85

Thanks for the link Simon. I missed that one and I know if I try that, the camera is in the lake... I think I need to check out the new GoPro stuff if I want to make a video or two. Cheers.

G

LOL...yeah...that go pro kit looks pretty darned good...lemme know what ya think of it if you get it.

That's what life is all about Simon! You're living the life buddy! Good work!

Thanks Ryan, definitely dont take for granted where i live.

Great report, pics and video Simon as always :thumbsup_anim:

You need to try white spinnerbaits for smallies.... I bet they'd be killer for them ;):)

Hey Jacques...you must think i'm a real :asshat:

You tell me to use one every year and i always say i will...but never do. Hey...why dont you send me one of those fine lures you make...a whitespionnerbait...and i'll do a vid just for you...hehehe....worth a try .....lol.

You always deliver an awesome report Simon... great pics too...

Hey... next time get closer to the planes before clicking the shutter button! :whistling:

Nice outing Simon. What a great place for that Jack lad to grow up!

I cant imagine Jack growing up anywhere else...the lake, boats, thew planes taking off in front of the house, snowmachines, ice augers.......these were all his first words...up north suits him...his grandpa calls him "Jack of the North".

As for the planes....they are the Fly-In guys in the bay...the big ones are awesome to watch take off....the little one is a noisy annoying gnat like creature...waaaaaaay noisier than the big ones!

You definitely have a nice piece of heaven up there. Thanks for sharing that.

No problem....love making and posting reports!

Simply fantastic as usual....still kills me though that you can catch walleye more easily than bass up there rolleyes.gif

I was certain the bass would be on fire in my usual spots JB...i was catching walleye in places i'd never even had a bite before...i learned that deep weeds is key when the heat is on, and thinking back it holds true mostly.

Good stuff, Simon!! Great part of the province you live in!

It definitely is....we just need a few more jobs and it would be awesome....lol.

Another great post and video :thumbsup_anim:

Wonderful place for your son to grow up.

Looks like bald eagles on the dead tree in those pictures.

They are making quite a comeback.

When i moved here from England, seeing a bald eagle was soooooo amazing. All i'd ever heard is that they were near extinction or something.....WELL THEY AINT.....there are 2 nesting pairs in our back yard and they are almost as abundant as pidgeons are in Toronto!