Legend boats

misfish

I have always dislike the legend line,mostly due to the under powering of the boat. Today I made a trip to the local dealer and met up with Henry (OFC member) The 16ft FX caught my eye right away. Henry was the design layout guy on this boat and it is very nice.Huge casting deck.Powered by a 2stroke 50 merc(I was thinking of going with the 75 opti,but 5 grand more ,still might do if I go for this boat),plenty of power to push it at 32 mph. Nice size live well,remote trolling motor and pleanty of storage and has a rod locker.

So I tell you all,I am a believer of the legend boats and thank you Henry for taken the time to show me the boats and when Im ready,I,ll be back.

Hi ya John.Terrys close,but I dont want the top,but may get talked into it,if you know what I mean. Might be one of the conditions if I do buy new :whistling:

I looked at a Lund simular same boat,it was 6 grand more.

Edited by Misfish

I looked at that exact boat, but it just seemed a wee bit to small (cramped) with the full console. We've been running a 15ft Legend widebody tiller for years, no complaints with it at all. I love that boat! Although we did max the engine out on it (40hp 4stroke Honda)..

Edited by BillM

This one is a side consol Bill.Sure it,s the same boat? I found enough room.

Ah, I didn't look at any side consoles. The one I looked at was the 16 XCaliber full console. A side console would definitely free up some space.

I bought my boat from Legend when they had a location in Mississauga and I opted for a larger motor as well as a few other goodies. The boat I got was a very good quality boat at a decent price and the folks at Legend were great to deal with.

I was on vacation in Sturgeon Falls and had a TM battery die while under warranty.

They asked me if I could get to their place in White River. I did and they gave me a brand new battery on the spot, didn't even have to haul the boat there.

Yes, the basic packages are under powered but if you know that going in you can just get one of the option motors that is bigger.

I dealt with Henry when I bought my boat about a month ago. He was awesome to deal with, very friendly and professional, and really knew his stuff. I ended up not buying a Legend, but it had nothing to do with Henry or the boat lacking anything (I wanted a 150hp 4-stroke and didn't want to get a Verado, so went with another boat). I spent a LOT of time driving around talking to a lot of different dealers and he was by far the best one to deal with.

Thanks Geoff,but I dont want a full windshield.

Maybe give just a bit more thought to the full windshield Brian, along with a stand-up top. Sure does make life alot more bearable when fishing on those cold miserable fall days.

i fished out of a legend a few times and my inlaws pick up a new one next week. I have always felt it was comfortable and large enough. As for underpowered well that is the buyers issue not the sellers. Buyer can always upgrade to more power if wanted.

Cheers!

yeah but they push the package with the under powered motors and people who don't know about boats do realize it's a bad/dangerous deal

I see.

Well for what it's worth I (as many others) would recommend maxing the horse power, you won't regret it.

I'd also recommend 4 stroke. :D

I know Chris.As for 4 stroke.Add more dollars to that.I,ll stick with 2 . Im sure I,ll opt out for the 75 opti.That 16 will fly.

Edited by Misfish

I just looked up the 16FX out of curiousity...you can actually buy that boat with a 25hp outboard on it!? really? They sell a boat with a hull weight (before batteries/fuel/people, etc) of 995lbs that is rated for 75hp max with a 25hp? Hmmm Safety and ethics are in question.