My Annual Bass Opener

mercman

My Brother and i have been doing this for a few years in memory of our Dad.This time i took my wife and my brother took a work buddy. My father only had the chance to fish White Lake, near Arnprior, once in his life, and that was the year before he passed, 18 years ago.

IMGP1382.jpg

IMGP1381.jpg

My brothers friend Steve,who is a fly fisherman, and on his first Bass opener,and my brother in his Ranger Comanche 40th anniversary eddition bassBoat.

IMGP1379-1.jpg

All of us Limited within the first 5 hours, and enjoyed C&R for the balance of the day.

HPIM1788.jpg

HPIM1786.jpg

HPIM1785.jpg

HPIM1789.jpg

HPIM1790.jpg

IMGP1383.jpg

The wife and I put over 30 in the boat during our 7 hours on the water, My Bro and his buddy put at least that many in.

There was the Annual White Lake Opener Tourny going on that day, but my brother has been fishing the lake at least once a week for the last 18 years and knows the lake inside out. It was funny seeing all thes boats scurrying all over the place looking for fish, and we are drifting over his hidden deep weedbeds, popping them in the boat, one after anotherclapping.gif I brought my radios so we could communicate "Fish On" without allerting the crowd.whistling.gif

This was by far, the best Opener i have experienced on the lake.Last year i was in my litte tinnie and could not reach the far end of the lake.This year, it wasnt a problem, with the New boat.

D.R White was back on the Lakeclapping.gif And he fished with his 2 sons once again !!!good.gif

Tite lines Dad !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Gonefishing.gif

Paul

Nice! How do largies compare to smallies eating wise? I really enjoy smallmouth but havent tried largemouth yet.

LOL !! i am just the opposite.Never tried smallie.I do know that lb per lb, smallie gives you the best action on the end of your rod. Hopefully i will be able to compare the 2 this summer.LMB is almost a sweet tasting fish, and the 2 - 2 1/2 lbers are the best tasting.

Edited by mercman

Great report Paul,you sure know how to catch Bass.

The boat is looking spiffy like a pro like; the way you have it all dressed up with the toys and decals.

Looking forward to fishing with you soon..

MTP

Thanks Mike !

Dad taught us boys to fish the fish he loved, LMB. The other species, i am learning as i go. My Bro has decied that LMB is what he wants to fish, hence, the Bass Boat. I want to be Multi Species, hence, my choice of boat type.

I would love to get out with you soon also Bud.

Paul

Success! And I thought, by your last posts, that you'd have trouble finding the fish... Boy was I wrong! That's one heck of an opener.

I hear ya Dude !! After reading my last post, i too thought i couldnt find the fish eitherwallbash.gif

Now i know for sure, i am a Bass Fisherman, learning to fish new species.

Thanks guysthumbsup_anim.gif The bait of choice in this lake, and we have been using the same thing for years, is Berkley Power Bait, 7 in Power worms, texas rigged with a 3/0 Trokar hook, in Tequila Sunrise color.Fished really slow in weed beds 10-12 feet deep.They suck it back like candy.

I am definately going to try and get back there at least 2 more times this summer.clapping.gif

Tite lines everyone

Paul

Great job Paul, and fabulous tribute to your dad ! (and a few inches for team 1) clapping.gif

Ya !! We should be doing really well once the stats are updated Camil.I am sure i will be increasing the inches on Bass before the season ends.

Did your results come back positive AGAIN Geoff ??

rofl2.gif

Good one Skeets. thumbsup_anim.gif

NAW, my brother would most definately be a good Tourny Angler, but he just fishes for the pleasure. He has fished this lake so much, he can tell you what your looking at on Sonar, just by seeing where your boat is on the water.

Did your results come back positive AGAIN Geoff ??

Results? I've never been tested (other then after that smart :asshat: pill they came out with)

rofl2.gif

Good one Skeets. thumbsup_anim.gif

NAW, my brother would most definately be a good Tourny Angler, but he just fishes for the pleasure. He has fished this lake so much, he can tell you what your looking at on Sonar, just by seeing where your boat is on the water.

Go for it!