Get while the getten's good!

Harrison

What makes them so special? Just wondering why they are worth $85

They were worth a whole lot more in the 90's as they were a coveted steelhead fishing reel.

They were selling for $200-$250 back then.

I have one just like that and don't think I'll part with it, too much history. ;)

The drags were very good and they were very solidly built reels that rarely broke down even under the hard use of steelheading.

The 4's have been dropping $ on ebay and usually go around $50-60 but that's without shipping. 3's still will cost you close to $100 in good shape. With a box you can get to that $200 mark pretty quick. It's a collector reel for those who saw/had them through the 70's and early 80's. Light years ahead of it's time and a drag system that still rivals todays top end reels for way more money.

The weight and constant clicker makes this a display case reel for me, but I know of a couple guys who still use them all the time.

Been actually thinking of picking up a 7 for carp just for a laugh.

wallbash.gifhuh.gif I am such an idiot.I really did chuck it in the garbage.Never thought i would ever use it again with all the new tech out there.

Never throw a reel away! even if its not worth much you can annually trade it into BPS for a discount on a new one!

Cardinals were awesome reels .... for the 1970s.

I'm still amazed at the insane amounts of money some people paid for them in the 90s. I sold one of mine for around $250 .... not bad for a reel that's realistically worth $50 at best.

Heres the kicker Craig.

Bought it at a garage sale,found it in the bottom of a bin of stuff. Asked how much,,,,,,,,,,,2 bucks. Thats was gold.

Edited by Misfish

The early cardinals were the reel for steelheading as the pin is today, before the cardinal it was the mitchell 410 which was a blueish color with high speed retrieve, FYI the clicker pin on the cardinals is well known for breaking, some used a pin to replace it but a number 12 guitar string works best and will never break again as its made for strumming, also bail springs were the other part that occasionally broke, 3 cardinal 4s recently sold on Ebay for 65.00 2 were complete reels and the other was a parts reel,

The shakespear 1810s and 1800 wonderreels were also frequently found on many of the tribs as well, still use my old wonder reels for old time time trips down memory lane,

I think I still have my flanel lined jeans... ala Bay City Rollers... Phil! You want'm....

I DO ,I DO.

S A T U R D A Y night. :thumbsup_anim:

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBn2ux5vRHk?version=3"><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBn2ux5vRHk?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBn2ux5vRHk?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

:rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

I think I still have my flanel lined jeans... ala Bay City Rollers... Phil! You want'm....

I'll takem!!!!

Sometimes its all about the nostalgia of years past.

R

That about sums it up. Thanks R.

And I'll pat myself on the back, I finally figured out how to multi-quote :)

Edited by Harrison

I gave mine to a fellow carper a few years ago. It was in mint shape. Now he has a proper baitrunner reel for carping and I don't think he uses it anymore.

If he ends up selling it I hope he splits the $$ with me :clapping:

Hey CPH...I would never think of selling it....would return it to you before that...

I keep it handy in case I have trouble with my other carp outfit...

It is a Zebco 6