My buddy busted a poacher!

Mike01

Sorry folks...extremely busy here. I will turn it up a notch or two. I guess some of the newer members have not read the rules. It's a pretty bad state of affairs when you need rules to keep people civil.

Sorry folks...extremely busy here. I will turn it up a notch or two. I guess some of the newer members have not read the rules. It's a pretty bad state of affairs when you need rules to keep people civil.

No worries Roy, we can make a citizens arrest once in a while when the keepers of the peace are otherwise engaged...

Kudos to anyone who helps stop poaching in any way be it a phone call to the authorities or laying charges if you are in the position to do so. Perhaps if the poaching stopped there would be less anamosity toward the people who seem to be doing the poaching.

As for the gill netting, if you don't like the laws that allow it then do something to change them. Otherwise respect the rights of those that are operating within the law.

Do the same rules apply at Lakair??????? LMAO. :sarcasm:

We are a little shorted handed for the next few days Thanks all for the reports we will do the best we can. With the help of everyone we will try to keep this under control.

Art

Art.. go help Joe put the boat in. Stay off the internet and make sure Spiel has the beer getting cold !!!

Getting this thread back on track........

Myself and Joeytier were appoached by OPP in their jet boat today on Callander Bay. They were polite and asked to see our licences (not check the stickers only see the cards).

They had no interest in my boaters card....why do we need it if Police dont care?

They asked to see my safety kit but didn't ask to see if the lash light worked or if I had a whistle, etc. Just having the orange bucket was good enough. I believe I need to have flares too...which I dont.

They asked for my fire extinguisher (because I have a built in tank) but never asked for life jackets??? which I showed him.

They never asked about alcohol or if we had a cooler?

They never asked how the fishing was? They didn't care if we had slot sizers or oos fish which of couse we didn't.

They were not overly friendly but also did not waste much of our time.

Maybe it was the OFC sticker on my windshield????

I think they just randomly pick things to ask, it would take to long to go through everything. Just imagine: fishing license, ID, boater card, whistle, rope, propelling device/anchor with rope, flares, fire extinguisher, life jackets, fish in livewell, alcohol, compass... the list goes on. Chances are, if you have the orange bucket, you have the other stuff that is in it and so forth. Also, they might just be good judges of character and had you gotten nervous or snappy with them, they may have then felt the need to make sure you have all the details.

I don't want to derail the topic (too late) but I was fishing a couple of days ago and was asked by some young person on a bicycle to show my license. Can someone other than OPP and COs fine you? (btw I did have mine...)

No. Ask him for his bicycle license next time, and make sure he's wearing a helmet :thumbsup_anim:

Thank goodness, after all, punishing someone who bought a license for keeping fish in the slot will surely protect the fish stocks on lake littered with gill nets.

I'll pretend you're being serious, because I agree, thank goodness they punished someone for taking more fish than allowed under the regulations they agree to adhere to when purchasing a fishing license. Don't like the lake littered with gill nets ( :blahblah1: ) as you so eloquently put it, why not take the fishing pressure you exert while on the lake and put it to use on a different lake? Then you won't have to worry about getting all bothered by something you have no control over.

All in all, I love hearing about poachers getting what they deserve!! :clapping: