My buddy busted a poacher!

Mike01

I know everyone likes to hear these kinda things so I thought I'd share the story with you.

My buddy was on shift last week and took a ride out on the government dock(King's Landing), being an avid fisherman he was chatting with a few of the guys to see how they were making out. When he approached one of these "gentleman" the guy didn't want to talk or answer any questions. My bud thought this was a little strange and asked to see his fishing license. The man responded with a few F-bombs and other choice words and told him that he wasn't the MNR so he couldn't do anything. BIG mistake, he nailed him for having six walleye and two of them were slot fish!

He told me they actually have a guide book they keep in the cruisers that lists all the charges for illegally fishing and hunting. It's good to know that there are more than just CO's protecting our resources cause lord knows there aren't enough of them, especially up in these parts.

I know everyone likes to hear these kinda things so I thought I'd share the story with you.

My buddy was on shift last week and took a ride out on the government dock(King's Landing), being an avid fisherman he was chatting with a few of the guys to see how they were making out. When he approached one of these "gentleman" the guy didn't want to talk or answer any questions. My bud thought this was a little strange and asked to see his fishing license. The man responded with a few F-bombs and other choice words and told him that he wasn't the MNR so he couldn't do anything. BIG mistake, he nailed him for having six walleye and two of them were slot fish!

He told me they actually have a guide book they keep in the cruisers that lists all the charges for illegally fishing and hunting. It's good to know that there are more than just CO's protecting our resources cause lord knows there aren't enough of them, especially up in these parts.

These guys should be put into jail. Your buddy did an excellent job! I am curious where are these fools from?

These guys should be put into jail. Your buddy did an excellent job! I am curious where are these fools from?

Good on him for doing that. I don't know to many cops that would have done that. Around here anyways.

Edited by aplumma

You either have to be very new to the country or just down right ignorant to go fishing with out a Lic and also keeping slot fish. I don't know about you, but I would not be having a good time fishing if I new I was fishing illegally. Do people not worry? right and wrong is one thing...but my conscious would not allow me to fish without a lic.

Hey can your buddy snag one of those guides for me? I've never seen one nor have I been provided one and for me to find out the approproate charge and wording would involve a lengthy call to the mnr! I'd love to tag some of these guys

Hey can your buddy snag one of those guides for me? I've never seen one nor have I been provided one and for me to find out the approproate charge and wording would involve a lengthy call to the mnr! I'd love to tag some of these guys

I can ask him, I'm not sure who has produced them, whether it's his department or a government agency.

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

hah... blarg is kind of an :asshat: and as far as he's concerned everything is the natives fault.

i'll say what i always say... those who are first to point the finger are often some of the worst resource abusers and they don't realize that when they point the finger, there's a few more pointing back at themselves.

great to hear that your chum is looking out for the resource regardless of what badge he has. cheers!

Edited by Dr. Salvelinus

I used language like that once, I didn't have the time to sensor myself and was courious to see what I thought was an automatic program would turn my phrase into. I was a very suprised to see that it went unchanged right to the board. :o It did serve its purpose by drawing attention to what I thought was an offensive statement.

Not one of my finer moments. I did also receive a pm from a mod about my behaviour as well. :oops:

Edited by kickingfrog