Report- Pics

TDunn

Hey Guys!

It has been at least a few weeks since my last report which I believe was early season steelhead. I continued with steelhead for another week or two up north on Superior tribs then spent most of my time in the rapids chasing some bigger fish. It was the best steelhead run Ive ever seen in the rapids and THIS is going to help!

Superior

001-3.jpg

002-1.jpg

005-3.jpg

0023.jpg

0132.jpg

013-4.jpg

006-2.jpg

St. Marys

038.jpg

0312.jpg

0272.jpg

A few weeks ago I was out on Superior looking for kings with my cousion Ted before he went up to Marmac lodge for the summer. All we ended up with was this bow.

084.jpg

We did mark a ton of these tho!

0024.jpg

I have had the opportunity to get out for some brookie action too! Both in LSPP and other inland lakes.

014-3.jpg

017-Copy.jpg

030-Copy.jpg

088.jpg

109-1.jpg

096.jpg

113-1.jpg

111.jpg

104-1.jpg

106.jpg

I havent been out for lakers to much yet. I spent a day on the water chasing lake trout near Elliot Lake. Although we must have caught 20 fish that day they were all bananas :wallbash:

We tried several different lures when trolling and jigging. Almost all caught fish!

035-1.jpg

042.jpg

047-2.jpg

052.jpg

065.jpg

066.jpg

Last weekend I went east of town to a small walleye lake. I had most of my luck with a shad rap smashed right off bottom.

Dinner

090.jpg

Tomorrow I am heading back out on Superior in search of some spring kings. Then next week, I'm off to camp in Hornepayne. This trip is dedicated to trying out 2 new trout lakes which i am very excited about!

I hope you enjoyed and good luck on the water!

TDunn

Edited by TDunn

Stunning Tyler.

2 questions...what the hell is a 'banana'....lol

and did you have live bait with you for the walleye and they hit lures better, or is it just that you did not have any. I'm relatively new to this kind of fishing and am always intrigued by walleye caught with lures....i've had a few but not often...guess i dont use them enough maybe. Just curious.....i dont know if you get what i'm asking....lol...neither do i...its 5am.

Anyhoo...great report!

Stunning Tyler.

2 questions...what the hell is a 'banana'....lol

and did you have live bait with you for the walleye and they hit lures better, or is it just that you did not have any. I'm relatively new to this kind of fishing and am always intrigued by walleye caught with lures....i've had a few but not often...guess i dont use them enough maybe. Just curious.....i dont know if you get what i'm asking....lol...neither do i...its 5am.

Anyhoo...great report!

Haha

We call a small fish a banana sometimes....kinda looks like one!

As far as live bait goes, ya we did have some. We caught a few jigging minnows but did much better casting and trolling cranks in 8-12 feet. Next time your out and the walleye are "on" try a crank....its easier to build confidence in a lure or technique when the fish are around and biting. Cranks are responsible for some of my biggest walleye.

Very nice Tyler! If you're fishing brookie lakes in the Hornepayne area it's entirely possible I'm familiar with them.

Will be looking forward to that report!

Cheers

Mike,

ya we are after brookies,lakers and maybe some bows. I will be doing some walleye/pike fishing at the camps lake but probably just in the evenings. The days are going to be spent exploring the backroads. I have a good idea of where Im going but I will PM you for some info or ideas. Most of my time will be spent north of Nagagamisis lake.

Thanks to all for the great replies!

Now Im off for atlantics in the river....the weather today is keeping me off Superior!!

TDunn

Edited by TDunn

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

awesome dude. i was starting to wonder where you were.

good on you for getting some photos in. seems every time i've been fishing in the last month it's rained (apparently it rains EVERY weekend including this one!)

i'm itching for atlantics and i want to try and get some on the pin this year...

cheers.

Edited by Dr. Salvelinus

Flack Lake is about numbers usually and the quality of the table fare...rarely any size, but the big ones are there...but they've eluded me for 20 years. The lodge is great though! Next time your in the area shoot me a message...I'll show you around a bit if you want. I've got a few stashed boats on a few great little speck lakes.