Whats your favourite kind of braid?

BFSC Kevin

I like spider wire and PP, PP is a little easier to tie its got a rounder profile to it. I also use the Cortland super line, it's just like braid but it's a lot thicker and almost floats on the surface like fly line, if you want a high presentation or to keep your lure up.

I've only used Power Pro on my bait casters.... for about the last 4 years. I've had no good reason presented to me to switch to something else....

I still use Trilene on my spinning reels.

Edited by irishfield

Power Pro.

I tried a spool of fireline a couple years ago and didn't like it at all. It wasn't even round... seemed flat and casted like junk. That's exactly what I told the group I guided from Berkley head office too.

Edited by trapshooter

Guest skeeter99

***I like that trap***

Power Pro.

I tried a spool of fireline a couple years ago and didn't like it at all. It wasn't even round... seemed flat and casted like junk. That's exactly what I told the group I guided from Berkley head office too.

This post has been edited by trapshooter: Today, 07:06 PM

of course you said that I would not bite the hand that feeds me either!! LOL

that is just like kevin vandam who won the bassmaster classic in pittsburgh a couple years ago sponsored by strike king big time, but ironically he was not getting bit on strike king baits and pulled out a old smithwick twitchbait **competitor bait** and won the classic, but when in interview it was all strike king

it was documented by a camera crew who asked him what he was tying on in the last few hours of the final day

troy

Edited by skeeter99

Has anyone tried or heard of P-line? Seen it the other day and the sales guy told me lots of guys like it. I felt it and it seemed a lot like spiderwire for limpness and feel. I decided to find out about it before purchasing.

Guest skeeter99

p line

it is ok ***you are talking about p line spectrex 1V line***

a little stiffier than most braids also seemed to fray a little easier, i used it (free spool) I prefer another brand myself

would be my second or third choice if my preferred superline went away

It is alot cheaper than most braids though

Edited by skeeter99

I like Fireline. It doesn't sound so smooth when it's coming through the guides under load and eventually the coating wears off, but that's about it. I think it casts great?? I'd like to try the clear stuff, although depending how light hits it might be better off with black/smoke.

I tried PowerPro because everyone and their brother it seemed was raving about it. I like it but it definetly has its faults. I don't use the 50-80lb test the musky guys do, but the lighter stuff is anything but abbrasian resistant. Loses its die and turns whitish rather quickly as well. If they sold it in "standard" amounts it would cost 40-50 bucks a spool. You only get 125yds for your $20, which hurts.

Power Pro has been great to me on both my baitcasting and spinning reels thus far. Over time the line does turn white but doesn't effect the line what so ever for me anyways it hasn't and it does say in the box that it does turn white but with no effect. Other than that I will be trying stren super braid this summer because its a lot softer than a lot of the other brands and more supple as well.

Edited by Fishersquige

I like pp on every thing except my ultra-lights.When it turns white I just run it threw a wax china marker.It is recoloured and recoated with wax and good as new.I tried the stren superbraid on my one spining reel last year and I had nothing but problems with tangles and some unexpected break-offs.So i'm back to pp only.